Chapter two

(Phil aged 10)
Phil was locked in his closet for the 5th time that month. After the inking his parents have never been the same. They torture him, starve him and lock him in closets apparently. Why do they do all this? Because after he came home from the inking, the name 'Dan' was forever printed on his skin. Phil could hear laughter coming from the kitchen, probably a fancy dinner party. His family always has those for work. Yet here his is, locked in a closet. Phil puts his ear to the door, trying to hear what they are saying. "So how is that son of your's doing?" Phil heard one of the guests say. 'Probably my brother' Phil thought. "Oh, Martyn he's-" His mom got cut off by the guest. "No, your son Phil." 'What?' 'How do they know about me. "He's no son of ours." His father said firmly. "Why?" The guest asked. "That fag has no place in this family." "Excuse me but as a mother of a person who is gay I take offense to that." Phils parents stood there shocked. "Where is your son?" The guest asked. "Just upstairs." Phil heard some footsteps and they stopped infront of his door. His father opened the closet door and pushed Phil out harsly. "Just this time fag." Phil walked out of the closet and down the stairs. Phil knew he looked horrible, but maybe that was a good thing, it would show the guest that his parents were abusive. The guest was met with a horrible sight, Phil was just skin and bones with bruises covering his skin. "Oh my god! Do they treat you like this?!" Phil looked over at his parents and shook his head "No I do it to myself." The guest didn't believe him. "Ok, we had a lovely time Mrs. Liguori." His parents said before almost pushing her out of the house. As soon as the door closed both the parents turned to Phil with furious looks on their faces. "You almost blew our cover you little fag!" His father exclaimed. "Go up to your room, NOW!" Phil's "room" was acually a very small attic space. It was filled with different insects and was highly unsafe but it was either that or outside. Once Phil got to his "room" he looked at his wrist. They were littered with scars and one huge scar crossing out the name 'Dan'.