Therapy (Alex Gaskarth fanfiction)

"Give me therapy, I'm a walking travesty. But I'm smiling at everything.

Therapy, you were never a friend to me, and you can keep all your misery ... "

Alex's eyes locks with mine as he takes my hand and pulled me on stage with him. He grabs my shoulder, turning me around so I face the crowd. Every single girl in the audience stares at me, cheering and screaming louder and louder as Alex looks me in the eyes and sings directly to me.

"Arrogant girl, love yourself so no one has to. They're better off without you.

Arrogant girl, go to sleep like you're supposed to. They'll fall asleep without you."

He puts one arm around my shoulder -- it was the arm with the rose tattoo! -- as he adjusts his mouth piece.

"Give me therapy, I'm a walking travesty. But I'm smiling at everything.

Therapy, you were never a friend to me, and you can take back your misery."

By then there were tears streaming down my face. Alex must've noticed, because I could feel him pulling me closer to him. He lifts up my chin and looks me straight in the eyes, a soft smile on his face. He wipes the tears off my face and leans in ....

My eyes jolt awake as my alarm blares loudly, ringing through my ears. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I glance at my alarm clock. 7:43 am. Ugh. Looks like it was just a dream, huh? If only. I let my head fall back on my pillow and close my eyes, hoping my beautiful dream will come back. No such luck. I reach under my pillow and take out my iPhone. I turn it on, and see that I have a message from one of my best friends, Adelina.

adelina: hey! u ready for the first day of high school 2morrow?! i already made plans to go shopping w/ alexandra, elena, & keasia today! meet us at the mall entrance at 10 am :) !!!

I sigh. Typical. Perky lil Adelina always does this, makes plans out of the blue without my consent. But I guess I shouldn't be complaining. At least she invites me.

I finally drag myself out of bed, so I quickly hop in the shower. When I get out, I decide to straighten my hair. It falls softly around my shoulders. Then I walk over to my closet and get dressed in a JAGK boner shirt, and on top of that, I pull a glamour kills A.W.G hoodie over my head since it's a little chilly outside, and I pull on some light washed jean shorts, black studded combat boots, and plant a gray beanie on top of my head. I apply some light makeup, just some lip gloss and mascara. Satisfied, I head downstairs.

The house is quiet. Everyone is still sleeping. I glance at the clock. 8:21 am. Eh. I go into the kitchen and pour myself a bowl of cereal. I crunch on my Lucky Charms as random questions pop into my head. Why does my life have to be so boring? Why can't anything exciting happen just once here in California? This is California, after all, so exciting things should happen! I should run into celebrities every day, but nooo. I've never ever ran into a single celebrity all my life since I moved here! God hates me. Ugh, now I've been thinking too long. I stare down at my cereal and it's become soggy. Ick. I dump the leftovers down the drain and load my dish in the dishwasher. I check the time again. 8:34 am. There's still 2 hours left before I head over to the mall. I decide to text Adelina because knowing her energetic, hyperactive self, she's probably the only one out of all my other friends who's awake early on a Sunday. I head outside and sit on stairs on my porch.

me: hey ads! whatcha up to?

It'll probably only take a few minutes before she replies back, but I reach into my pocket and take out my headphones and get to work untangling them.

4 minutes pass and I still haven't gotten them completely untangled. God, this is frustrating. Suddenly, my phone beeps. It's a text from Adelina.

adelina: hey!!! i'm feeding the cats :D what bout u?

me: i'm trying to untangle my headphones. its been like 6 mins and i still haven't gotten them untangled!! isn't that sad? help me! god hates me :(

adelina: hehe! want me to come over? i can help u w/ the headphone dilemma too if u want

me: that'd be great, ads! i'm fuckin bored outta my mind. thanks :)

adelina: alrite im comin! hang tight c;

Figuring it'll take her a while to come over, I decide to just give up on the headphones for now and scroll through my music list. At first I didn't know which song I'm in the mood for, but then a name catches my eye, and it's perfect. I don't know how I found it, considering a few seconds ago I had no idea what song I wanted to play, but I guess sometimes I just know myself like that. I press play and "One Hundred Sleepless Nights" by Pierce The Veil starts playing and fills the empty space around me and drowns out my worries about everything. I'm in my own world now, even though I don't have my headphones in. Vic's sweet voice makes everything better. I close my eyes and quietly sing along.

I can't wait, to see your brilliant face light up the room around the pillowcase

Can you come over to my L.A. place? I got something to tell you and I just can't wait

You showed up, you held the door in tears, sat on the couch under the chandelier

Said you're having a baby and before I could cry,you're leaving me just when I thought you were mine ...

I smiled at that verse. It was my absolute favorite. And that line really spoke to me, you're leaving me just when I thought you were mine. God, I love Pierce The Veil. I check the time. 9:22 am. Adelina still isn't here yet. I hope she didn't get lost. And don't laugh, because it's true. With Adelina being Adelina, she has a tendency to get lost. I still laugh at the thought, and sing along with the chorus.

Failing lights, amass one hundred sleepless nights

And I might be holding on too tight

There's a beast in my heart and he won't let you leave alive

"Hey!" A familiar voice cuts through the music and brings me back to reality. I look up and smile. It's Adelina. Her usually curly light brown hair is now straight, and it lays steadily at her shoulders. She's wearing a flowy maroon and white striped top, blue skinny jeans, and some really cute winter boots. A silver locket heart necklace is draped around her neck.

"Sup," I do that cool sup-head-jerk-nod-thing that boys usually do. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I did it right, anyways. Adelina raises an eyebrow and laughs. I pat the bare sidewalk next to me, motioning for her to sit. She plops down, her necklace bouncing. "Cute outfit!" I exclaim. "I just LOVE your hair, too!" I reach out and drag my hand through it. It glides through smoothly, no tangles.

"Thanks!" She smiles, her blue eyes glistening in the sun. I watch as they slowly fade from blue to green. It's always fascinating, watching her eyes change color in the sun never gets old. "What song are you listening to, by the way?"

Oh! I almost forgot that "One Hundred Sleepless Nights" was still playing, loud and clear. "Well, um, I -- er," I stammer as I hastily pause it. I don't like to tell anyone my taste in music, knowing they'll judge me. The only person I tell is Alexandra, because she has the same taste in music as I do. All Time Low, Pierce The Veil, Of Mice & Men, Bring Me The Horizon, and all those. And even though I've known Adelina for -- what, 5 years? -- I still hadn't told her anything having to do with my music. But I give it a shot anyway.

"It's called 'One Hundred Sleepless Nights' by Pierce The Veil!" I announce proudly, mustering the biggest smile I can.

"Oooh, that sounds neat! Can I listen?"

I'm caught off guard. "Uh -- um, sure!"