Chapter 1

Victor's point of view

  I watched Yuri gracefully perform on the ice, gliding swiftly with perfect in-tune movements. I couldn't focus on the beautifully composed music, I could only focus on him as he became the music, spectacular and flawless. He became the embodiment of the tale the music expressed and achieved perfection.

It was truly magnificent, though there were no flaws to him or his performance he passionately believed that everything he did was flawed, even if the flaw was minor.

I long to make him believe he is perfect, flawless. I long to make him mine.

Abruptly awoken from my positive thoughts by negative ideas, I stood there in fear.   

One day we would part, one day I'll have nothing more to offer as his friend nor his coach. Focusing on the present, I  firmly decide to embrace every moment I share with him and relish those moments for as long as I can.

Absorbed in both thought and mesmorization at his flawless performance, I merely blinked as both distractions disappear. There is only Yuri, stood still on the ice. He was  breathless due to the high difficulty of the program, but he didn't realise how breathless he had made me.

"Yuri, that was amazing! But you slightly over rotated you're first jump, and even though you landed it, it wasn't as clean of a landing as I'd hoped for." I said, spitting the first lie, the first "flaw" I could think of.

I gave him a enormous grin and endless praise for his stunning performance as he skated towards the edge of the rink as he gratefully accepted his water bottle and a towel with a smile.

"You should go shower, then we will be going to town, my treat!"

"Thanks Victor! I'd love to go with you but first I need a shower and rest."

"That's understandable, but be ready by 3:00 in front of the springs." I said with a wink as his face become tinted with a pale rose. Finding him an adorable blushing mess, I hope to be with him for a long time.

I walked out of the building into the crisp, chilling air as I sighed, wondering if he would ever admit to the feelings that we had for one another. I watched the visible gas from my exhale fade away as I prayed that wouldn't we wouldn't fade away and disappear.

Hey, I'm reworking this book to add in more detail to the same story line. I wasn't pleased with my simplistic writing and thought it needed something more. Thank you to everyone who has voted on this story and added it to their reading lists, I love you all! Anyone who's interested can message me and we can talk about (almost) whatever you want to talk about! I'm always available and up to chatting, or giving advice, or sharing art, or whatever!
-FandomRubbish