Brother's Keeper

Jessica listened to her voicemail. It was from her lawyer, just a few more days and her divorce would be finalized. She took a deep breathe after listening to it.

 She loved Lincoln but she was not going to be one of those women that was going to be cheated on.

 She had another message. It was a drunk message from Lincoln saying that he loved her and wanted another chance. 

She deleted the message and got ready to head into the station.

 She got dressed and headed out the door down to her car.

 Her phone started ringing and she looked at the called ID and seen that it was her best friend Alyssa. 

"Hey long time no hear from what's up?" she said into the phone.

 "Hey. So guess who I seen last night." she heard Alyssa say through the phone.

 Jessica rolled her eyes. Alyssa may be her best friend but she always did love to gossip.

 "Who could you have possibly seen while you were in town?" Jessica asked teasingly.

 "Your husband. He was pretty trashed when we showed up. Lucky for him I was off duty." she stated to Jessica.

 "I don't care what Lincoln does besides in just a couple more days and he'll be my ex husband." Jessica said to Alyssa.

"I know that. Hey do you think you can meet me for lunch before I have to leave?" Alyssa asked her. Jessica smiled.

 "Yeah I think I can make some time." she laughed teasingly.

 "Great I'll call you later." she said before hanging up the phone.

      Jessica walked into the station and headed right for her desk

      Jessica walked into the station and headed right for her desk. She looked over and seen her new partner Jason already there working at his desk. She sat down and look him over discretely. He was attractive and he made it known that he was interested but with them being partners it was a bad idea, plus she technically was still married. She looked away and booted up her computer to check her email before her captain needed them for anything. Jason seen her and stood up from his desk and made his way over to her. 

"Hey." he greeted sitting down across from him. She looked up from her computer to look at him.

 "Hey by the looks of things we might have a slow day." she commented. 

"Yeah maybe if we're lucky all we will have to do is patrol." he stated with a smile. 

She smiled back at him.

 "Yeah hopefully." she said looking back at the computer to stop herself from blushing.

 "I was wondering what you're doing tonight. Maybe we can grab a bite to eat after our shift." he suggested nervously.