Pregnancy pt.1

Y*N's pov

4 month down, 5 to go. Today Shawn and I found out we were going to have a boy in five months. July 15th, right between my June birthday and his August birthday. Shawn is so excited that it's a boy, he has already planned his entire life. " I'm going to teach him how to play soccer and hockey... OH, and I'm going to teach him how to play guitar and I bet he's going to be an amazing singer because he's got us as parents.' Shawn said, laying his head on my lap. I chuckled and ran my fingers through his hair. Shawn closed his eyes, enjoying what I was doing, then grabbed my spare hand and placed a kiss on it before placing it on my slightly swollen stomach. I looked down at our hands and my smile immediately began to fade... and Shawn noticed. "Y*N..." " What are we going to name him?" I asked, trying to change the topic away from the upsetting news we got at the doctors today. Something I wish I didn't need to deal with.

Shawn immediately perked up when I said this. He got up abruptly, accidently smacking me in the face. "OOWWW!!!" I shouted jokingly after Shawn, who didn't realize I was 100% joking. He stopped right in his tracks, turned towards me, utter fear in his eyes. I started dying of laugher, till a shooting pain went through my stomach, but I couldn't let Shawn now this though. He'd have a heart attack. "So, you were joking just then?" Shawn said, still unsure on whether he hurt me or not. "yes, you dork, I was joking' I said with a smile, "Now, what are you doing?" I hollered after him as he went into his office. He came back out with two notepads and pens, then sat back on the couch and pulled my feet onto his lap. He handed me one of the pads and pen then started to rub my feet with one of his hands. "so, we're going to write down six names on our paper, then we'll go through and if we have one that's the same or the other really likes, baby Mendes will finally have a name." Shawn said as he began to write names down. "Ok, but I want him to have 2 middle names like you and I want one to be your name." I said, looking at Shawn for a response, but only got a small nod. I rolled my eyes and begin writing down some names. After a few minutes,  I finish writing down my six names and by the look on Shawn's face, he was done a while ago. looking over both papers, we had a good mix of names.

Shawn- Aidan, Liam, Logan, Spencer, Dakota, Benjamin

Y*N- Hunter, Logan, Peyton, Aidan, Benjamin, Nathan 

"So, we agree on Logan, Aidan and Benjamin" Shawn said, looking up at me. " I think we should do Aidan Benjamin Shawn or Benjamin Aidan Shawn. I'm not really feeling Logan that much." I said looking down at my stomach for a mere second before looking up at Shawn. " I agree, maybe my parents and Aaliyah can help us finalize his name. I need to go pick them up from the airport soon to." Shawn said just as he got a call from his mum. He gave me a kiss on the forehead before answering his phone and running upstairs to get his keys and sweater. I reached over and grabbed the ultra sound picture we got earlier today. My little boy, he was much smaller than he should be. It looks like I'm barley a month pregnant when I'm really nearly five. Today the doctor said that I will be for sure having him before his actual due date, its something to do with my health. The curse of being anorexic. Shawn knew I had my eating disorder, but once I found out I was pregnant, I began eating again. but it still affected our baby to much. I caused my baby to be in a health crisis.

I blinked away the forming tears and looked up to see Shawn standing at the bottom of the stair case, knowing exactly what I was thinking. "Shawn, when do you think he'll come out?" I asked, sadness laced through my words. Shawn sighed and ran his hand through his hair before sitting down next to me, pulling me into him. "Honestly Y*N, for all we know he could be ready next month, but he could also be ready a week before he's due. Don't worry Muffin, everything's going to be find in the end." Shawn said, kissing my temple. "I love you Shawn" I said "And I love you too, darling" he replied, pecking my lips. "Know, I got an angry British/Canadian woman waiting with my father and sister, so  I'll see you in a bit' he said, kissing my forehead before walking towards the entry way. "Don't forget to pick up pizza on your way home" I shouted at him. He gave me a thumbs up before heading out the door... Now, time to get ready.

( sorry its so long,)

* skip till dinner 

"So, we need your guys help with something." Shawn said as we finished up dinner. "What is it honey?" Karen asked. "We're having trouble deciding on a name for the baby. We were thinking either Aidan Benjamin Shawn or Benjamin aidan Shawn. What one do you like more?' i asked looking at Aaliyah. I already knew what her disision was. "I like the first one a bit more." Karen said. " Same with me." Manny said, agreeing with his wife. We all looked at Aaliyah, waiting for her responce. " I think you all know what my dicision is." She said, with a huge smile. I knew she was going to be an amazing aunt. I looked over at Shawn, whos smile was somehow larger than his sister, and nodded at him. "So its offical... 5 more months until...  

AIDAN BEJAMIN SHAWN MENDES!!!!!"

or at least I thought it would be five months.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys, sorry its been so long since I uploaded. as an apology though, I'm doing this little 3 or 4 part imagine. oh, and if any of you remember how I kinda promised a new story by new years, Perfect Imperfections? so, I completely forgot about it so, as more of a celebration of my first year in the Mendes Army, I plan on posting it around 2/4, the day I truly became a fan. so, please vote on this. it would mean a lot to me.

-ash