THIRTY NINE

Stella's POV- June 2016

"If I had known you would hog my dog and ignore me I would have not invited you"

I smiled at Klay as Rocco nuzzled his nose against my cheek.

"You're just mad because I blocked you on instagram" I said as I scratched behind both Rocco's ears.

Mychel had gone with Trayce to the airport to pick me up, but Klay was unable to go because he had a game in Cleveland, Ohio.

"How long have you been up?"

"Since you woke me up" I joked.

He frowned and I laughed.

"I'm kidding" I started.

Klay had peaked into the guest room to meet me. He literally shook me awake because he couldn't wait till morning.

"I've been awake for about an hour, your parents went out for breakfast. It's just you, Rocco and I" I told him.

He nodded slowly.

"Why didn't you go with them?"

"I was too lazy to change out of my pj bottoms" I admitted.

He chuckled and nodded as he looked at the pattern on my pants.

"Dogs wearing Pjs...interesting"

I shrugged.

"Did you eat already?"

"Yup, I saved you a plate. It's on the kitchen counter" I said.

He nodded and made his way into the kitchen.

"Where's Mychel?"

"He went back to Santa Cruz, said he'd be back before noon" I called out.

I turned to look at Rocco and smiled as he put his head on my thigh.

"Thanks for the burrito"

Klay took a seat next to me and placed his plate on his lap before putting his arm over my shoulder.

"It's nice to finally get to meet you"

He took a bite of his burrito and looked at Rocco who suddenly realized his owner was there.

"Now you notice me"

I laughed.

"I made him ice cream last night which is why he was being so nice to me" I stated.

Klay raised an eyebrow.

"You made my dog ice cream?"

I nodded.

"You had a pretty ripe banana and I figured not to let it go to waste" I answered.

"That's nice of you"