21

Later that day when the clock struck 6 pm, I was walking to the bus stop alone. The sky was weirdly getting darker like it's going to be raining soon. Not to mention I don't bring an umbrella with me.

As I sat at the bus stop, alone, I took out my phone from my back pocket jeans and turned on my data. Then I opened a weather report app and checked today's forecast. Weird enough that the weather report shows there would be no raining, cloudy or whatever. My eyebrows creased in frustration as I put back my phone in my pocket.

Deep down, I feel something is off or.. Wrong. As all of this is not right. Like I should be home by now. I rubbed my temple as I heard the screeching stop of a bus in front of me. I lifted my head up and got up to walk to the bus.

- - - - - - -

As I got off from the bus, I strolled across my garden to the door of my house. The lights were visible from the inside. A little inside me sighed in relief because I've been feeling quite off lately. Like something is wrong.

I walked past the door and instantly took in a very delicious food smell. My feet magically moved towards the kitchen, where the smell came from.

There stood my father with his favorite apron on and a pair of oven mittens as he carefully put down a big plate of lasagna. I could feel saliva started producing in my mouth. I put down my school bag and sat on the only chair of two at the table.

My father sat at the other seat. I could see that he was already taken off the apron and the mittens.

A few minutes passed by, none of us broke the silence as we enjoyed dad's cooking. Then I thought I should be the one to do so.

"How was.. Today?" I can assure you I'm not like this. It's just I felt not good, the bad feeling kind of stuff. He raised his eyebrows followed by his eyelids. He looked at me with his round eyes. Then he started giggled and took a sip of coffee that he made for himself. He wiped the stain from his mouth and looked at me.

"You've never been like this. What's wrong?" Wrinkles were visible at the corner of his eyes as he smiled gently at me.

"Nothing.." I looked down on my food and played with it using my fork.

"It was great. Thanks for asking" Suddenly a smile crept on my lips as I looked at him. We were both smiling. I felt relieved for a second. For a minute I thought something's missing but I think It's just some stupid feeling.

"What about you?" He said, "How's the Taehyung guy?" He asked again teasingly this time.

My face went instantly red and I swear I could be mistaken for a tomato if someone sees me. "It was okay... We were-" Before I could continue dad already cut me off.

"That you were dating? Aigoo my child, I always forget that you are already grown up"

"N-no-"

"I saw his son's sweetheart," He said as he continued finishing his dinner. I literally jaw dropped. I don't old people use those media social accounts. "What? I'm not from the dinosaur era" He said as if he read my mind.

"Well... We do have it... But he hasn't officially asked me to be his girlfriend"

"Excuses, stop with that nonsense. You are dating him, aigoo this kid. Come on, you guys look good together" He said proudly. I knew that dad has taken a big liking on him since Taehyung came to my home to pick me up. I rolled my eyes as he laughed teasingly.

"I guess so.."

"I really hope he can take care of you" My head suddenly shot up to look at him when he suddenly said those words. I mean, why would Taehyung take care of me when he can just take care of me. The pang of sadness hit me like a truck again but I still try to brush it off.