Chapter 5

He took her to his secret place, a beautiful lake located in the woods. Hazel looked happy walking on the grass with her bare feet, then dipping her foot in the water flicking the cool liquid with her toes. The water must've been cold but she didn't seem to care.

He just stood there staring at her from afar. She was beautiful with her long reddish brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. Her dress clung to her body in all the right places, showing off her beautiful figure. 

He still couldn't believe that he was married. When his father suggested the marriage he had said yes, hoping that it would bring them closer, but unfortunately, his father still treated him like a stranger.  

Suddenly, he heard a shrill yell of pain as he was lost in his thoughts. 

"Hazel!!"

She wasn't in the water anymore; she was sitting on the ground beside it holding her knee. He rushed to her side.

"What happened?"

"Nothing much, I just fell," she said.

Her dress was torn and her knee bleeding.

"Come on, let's take you home," he said, helping her up.

Lucian aided me in getting off the horse, but as soon as I shifted my weight onto my leg, my knee started to ache. Not wanting to draw attention, I didn't say anything, but Lucian must have known, because he put his strong arms behind my knees and my back, and lifted me with ease.

"What are you doing?" I asked embarrassed.

"Carrying you," He stated simply.

"I know that, please put me down I can walk," I said, my face and neck flushing red.

"Wife, if I was to let you walk, we wouldn't reach the room even after sunrise and I would like to get some sleep." Did he just call me wife? I liked the sound of it.

As we moved through the halls, the maids and servants looked down quickly as soon as they caught sight of us and I was thankful for that.

He stopped for a while and told a maid to bring something to clean the wound before walking again. 

Upon arrival at our chambers, he put me down on the bed gently as a maid came in with things to clean the wound. He took the kit from her and dismissed her shortly. Taking a seat beside me on the bed, he lift my dress up above my knee.

"Uh...it's fine I can clean it myself." I stuttered nervously. 

"Just sit still," He ordered.

He put one hand on the back of my leg, his hand cold yet his touch hot. I wondered how such a strong and tall man could touch so gently. Strangely, his touch made me yearn for more and I found myself imagining how it would feel like if he ran his hand down my leg or if he...

A burning pain interrupted my thoughts and I hissed. 

"It will burn a little," he said then continued cleaning my wound.

I bit my lower lip because the burning was too much and I didn't want to complain. As if sensing my pain he paused and then blew on my wound. When his hot breath touching my skin made me shiver and curl my toes.

Good Lord, he was doing things to my body without doing almost nothing.

"Feel better?" He asked.

"Yes," I whispered, "thank you."

When he was done he pulled my dress back down over my leg.

"You should change," he said standing up "Do you want me to call a maid for you?"