Time of Death

"Preliminary notes on fire arm discharge incident. Assailant armed with sound suppresser equipped Walther P88. Having heard the perpetrators threat and count down, I made visual conformation of the barrel of the weapon pressed to the potential victims head. Determining the danger to be imminent I felt no choice but to respond with the use of deadly force"

Scott and I sit outside in the office's of the police station waiting for Agent McCall to finish his Incident report. Once McCall finishes up he walks out of the office and comes up to Scott and I. Getting up of the deputy's desk I was sitting on I walk over to him with Scott at my side.

"Thanks for waiting. I know it's late" McCall says closing the door to the office behind him.

"It's okay. It's not like I'm going to be going to school tomorrow anyway". Scott replies as I put my right hand on my shoulder and squeeze it, trying to soothe the pain that I ignored throughout the time we were outside of the high school, but it was gone and forgotten when I was with Liam.

"Unfortunately I'm gonna have to drive back to San Francisco tonight. Umm I need to do a review at the field office but I'll be back as soon as I can. I might have to miss the first game of the season"

"It's no big deal" Scott assures him and glances at me wearily as I wince at the pain. Shaking my head at him I tell him to forget about it.

"It is to me. I'm keeping my promises this time." Seeing Scott and I look at the gun in the evidence bag McCall continues "What I did, it was necessary. Justifiable. You know that, right?"

"He does, we do" I say getting into the conversation "If you hadn't of done what you did Stiles would be dead. Maybe you're not so bad of and Agent, McCall. And I'm sorry for being so cold to you and calling you an Asshat all the time" I say smirking and he gives me a small laugh as then looks at me confused along with Scott.

"You've never called me an 'Asshat' before Grace" and he looks to the hand I still have on my shoulder, confused.

"No but I thought it. Many times actually. What I'm trying to say is that I'm... happy, your here" I say hesitant and drop my hand to my side again.

Before McCall can speak Scott does "Have you? Done it before?" he says directing the conversation back to the gun.

"Two other times. It's not easy, taking a man's life. Even someone who forces you to do it"

"How do you deal with it?" Scott asks and I give him a confused look but he just brushes it off.

"You look at it logically. Without emotion. You compartmentalize" McCall explains

"How do you do that?" My brother asks

"I used to do it by drinking" Agent McCall says with a humourless laugh. I see Scott look at McCall in realisation and McCall pulls him into a hug as I stand back, awkwardly. Pulling away and looks to Scott and I. "Two more things. When I do come back. We have to talk about some stuff. You two and your friends, the way you guys handle things, it doesn't seem to faze you like it should. It's like you guys know something I don't. When I come back, I'd like to be in the know" Scott and I look at him shock then He stutters out.

"What? What um... What was the other thing?"

Turning to me McCall raises a eyebrow and smirks. "And when I come back you and I are going to have a conversation on the fact that you stole from the CDC. Is it Petty crimes your into Grace. Or are you into the big stuff as well?" He says laughing.

"In my defence it did save Stiles' life. Besides it was Lydia's Idea. I'm just the one who acted on it" I reply trying to act innocent.

"Innocent? Right..." I falsely agrees with me.