1.

Fire.

All I can smell is the smokey fumes that remind me of how fragile life can be. In an instant your life can be taken from you just because that's how it works. I once believed that we could escape our fate and create our own destinies but I had been proved wrong.

As the smoke began to fill my lungs I shoved the door open with all the strength my tiny body could produce. The door cracked underneath the pressure of my relentless pounding and fell on the already dying grass outside.

I looked up at my house and silently thanked the moon goddess that I was home alone. My parents had to be safe they just had to.

I lowered my eyes to the horrific scene in front of me. Wolves everywhere fighting like the savage animals everyone thought us to be. I did not recognize some of the wolves that were fighting my pack.

I sniffed the area but again coughed as the smoke filled my nostrils. Whoever these wolves are, they were smart. They had set fires to mask their scents and kill people without having to try. My eyes began to shake with rage.

Who the hell are these wolves and why are they killing my pack members.

I took off running full speed praying that I would run into one of my parents. I hadn't realized that the pack was under attack until I got out of the house and I started to panic.

What if they are already dead?

My mom and dad are the alpha and Luna of this pack, the moonshine pack. I was their one and only child and yesterday was my 18th birthday.

On your 18th birthday you can finally shift into your wolf. Since my birthday was yesterday I have only shifted once, meaning the shift is still very painful.

Another thing when you turn 18 is you can find your soulmate, your other half. The reason is, your wolf is the strongest connection to your mate so when your wolf finally peaks, the connection can be completed.

As I kept running through the pack grounds I gaped in horror at all my fallen pack members. All the wolves who were slaughtered on the ground were from my pack, meaning none of the other wolves had been defeated.

The thought of the other wolves being rouges had crossed my mind but I quickly dismissed the thought. These wolves are not rouges they are far too strong.

My pack is not the strongest pack you will find around. We focus more on intelligence and knowledge of the unknown. This caused us to have close ties to many other packs for we could solve their problems faster and easier than most could.

We lacked in numbers of pack warriors, but we still had around 200 warriors in our pack. We could take on a pack of wild rouges easier than a fox killing a bunny with a broken leg.

I kept running until I reached the boundary line between my pack and the wilderness and looked back at my pack grounds. What if my parents are still alive?

I shook my head. My parents would want me to be safe and run away regardless. So I did.

With one last glance back at my pack I scanned for any life, and found only the unfamiliar wolves. As I turned around to finish my retreat from the lands a howl was set off into the night.

The howl was a strong sound, definitely from an Alpha. I shivered as the howl made me feel safe, but shook my head as he was most likely the alpha of the pack who just slaughtered my family.

I began to run even though my legs seemed to be working against me. I linked my wolf knowing this was her fault.

Pearl what are you doing? I questioned her