Chapter 7: Handle Your Business

Daya POV

"MY LOVE, DO YOU EVER DREAM OF... CANDY COATED RAIN DROPS. YOU'RE THE SAME, MY CANDY RAIN." Tes screamed out at the top of his lungs singing along to the radio. Rick, the driver, looked at him through the rearview mirror and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Why are you so annoying, baby. Rick don't wanna hear your no-singing ass." I told him pushing him into the door.

"Hating ass," he said pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"So make sure that you text me when you make it to the airport, call me every night, text me any time that you're free, and let me know if there is ever a time where you feel unsafe. I'll have my dad on the phone with the quickness. I have a standby ticket available if you need me for anything. If I feel like you're not telling me something I will be on the next flight there okay?"

I was going over this with Tes once more. I meant every bit of that and he knew it. Right now we were in the back of an SUV heading to the airport. Dad sent a car to pick him up and I decided to tag along. His flight was to leave in a little over two hours.

"I heard you for the billionth time baby. Like I said, you have nothing to worry about. I'll be back before you can even notice that I'm gone."

"You can keep saying that all you want but I'm hella serious. You don't want my overprotective girlfriend side to come out now do you?"

"I thought she already came out." He said putting his phone in his hoodie pocket.

"You haven't seen anything close to her." I told him.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me over so that I was straddled on his waist. He gave me a kiss and I wrapped my arm around his neck.

"Just be careful okay?" I asked him.

"Of course." He answered back. "You have fun with Kaya, think about what you want the wedding to look like, have fun, and worry about me the least that you possibly can."

"Mhmm," I said with something else in the back of my mind.

"What you thinking about now?" Tes asked while reading me like an open book.

"You remember the time when we were in the back of the Tahoe? The night after your aunts wedding in Charlotte? During the reception we snuck out with a bottle of champagne and..."

Tes immediately started smirking. "How could I forget. You had your nigga bending in ways I never bent before."

I threw my head back in laughter.

"You know, everybody thinks that I'm the nasty one but it's you! I'm tired of dealing with the slander."

"Whatever," I said looking out of the window and seeing us pull up to the airport departure.

"What you about to get into?" He asked.

"Well I'll get rick to drop me off at home. Pick up Kaya at around 5. Pick up some groceries, cook, and watch Netflix for the night. I'll have to see what happens tomorrow."

The truck stopped.

"I guess this is you." I told him.

"Yep." Rick said opening the door and getting his suitcase out of the trunk. We both stepped out and I gave him a bear hug and pulled back.

"I'm gonna miss you fiancée." He said. "Hold it down worth a stack for your boy."

"You know I got you. Handle your business." He kissed me on the check and grabbed the handle of his suitcase. "I love you girl."