Chapter 1

Anthony's P.O.V~

Another day plays out, then another, and another and another. It halts when the adults appear but until then it's autopilot. Wake up, get ready, breakfast, bedroom, lunch, park, bedroom, YouTube, tea, sleep and repeat. By now I'm used to it, by now I'm sick of it, by now I've accepted it. I'm never going to be adopted as no one wants the weird kid in the corner. The outcast. There are over thirty of us in this adoption centre and money is tight, this leads to the inability to afford education for us. Any form of technology we want has to be bought by us, usually the older ones will go out and work all day for money to buy things for those too young to work. I'm now one of the older kids, therefore my autopilot has changed. Wake up, get ready, breakfast, work, lunch, work, tea, work, bedroom, YouTube, sleep and repeat. My two hours of YouTube is the only thing keeping me going now, I'm working towards buying tickets to the latest Area 11 concert and buying a flux buddies hoodie.

I sit on the floor cross-legged surfing YouTube on my computer for new videos, I used to do this with my younger sister Ella but she got adopted. She didn't want to leave me but I told her that I'd visit her on my days off, I just didn't want her to waste the rest of her life in this dump as she was only four - she's turning eight tomorrow. We used to share this room but now I have to share with this bitch called Lucy, I take the top bunk and she goes bottom. We have two sides to the room too. Me and Ella painted the room black and always had some form of rock music blasting, Lucy has painted her half of the room pastel-pink like some form of beauty guru on Tumblr. She has a white makeup desk thing set up with a massive mirror, it has pictures of famous boys around the frame which she claims she loves but they change all the time; it's just a generic teen crush. She has pop group posters (such as Little Mix, One Direction and O2L) littering the wall and a swirly, hot-pink flower rug, her wardrobe is pristinely white and is filled to the brim with the latest fashion. She can afford the high end clothes as she has spoilt friends with loaded parents who give her the money. They make me sick. Lucy herself has wavy pastel-pink hair reaching her shoulders, tanned skin, freckles dusting her cheeks and she always has her talon-like nails done. Her makeup often consists of extending her eyelashes, pastel-blue eyeshadow and light pink lipstick - I should know as I'm subjected to her applying it most days. My half of the room is all black, keeping the original dark blue carpet, with a red plastic table from the colouring room and my computer set up; Yogscast and Kerrang posters coat my wall alongside a red wooden ladder to climb up to the top bunk. I have the standard white bedcovers and Lucy has white bedcovers with a frilly pastel-pink pillow, honestly my eyes bleed at how much pink there is.

My phone pings so I sluggishly roll across the floor to retrieve, holding the device above my face I read the screen: 1 new notification: YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon uploaded a video: XEMADIA ADOPTING OMG - Vlog
I'm surprised at first about the name of the video as Lewis and Hannah never refer to themselves as Xemadia, but that's soon explained. The video has Turps shoving the camera in their faces and pressing on the adoption topic until they burst out laughing and give in explaining the details, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Turps named the video. They say that they gonna be adopting at my centre . . . holy shit. My heart races, even if I'm not adopted I will get to meet two actual members of the Yogscast! I thunder downstairs - passing two of the six social workers - as everyone gets called down by the dude who runs this place, he's a really nice guy who's up to date with all the latest trends and somehow knows exactly what everyone wants. I don't know his last name but we all call him Joey. He's quite a skinny, tall man with peach skin, messy brown hair which has a quiff at the front, sparkling green eyes and thick-rimmed black glasses. He also has freckles across his cheeks and the bridge of his nose. Today he's wearing denim jeans, a white button-up shirt (with the top two buttons open) and neon red jacket. Anyway, we all gather in front of him in the lounge; he's sitting on the floor with his back to the TV and we dominate the couches in front of him.
"Right guys, have I got some news for you!" he announces sassily, honestly he sounds a lot like Tyler Oakley. We all giggle at his silly behaviour, all except Lucy and her two lackeys (Jessica and Lindsay) who just sigh and Lucy kisses her teeth. Rude, "So we've got a few couples coming in tomorrow afternoon and a trio coming in a few hours to see you and it will run as usual, they'll come and meet you in your rooms to chat and then they'll move on yada yada yada."
"Wait, trio?" I ask, Joey chuckles.
"Yup, there's three men who are looking to adopt. I've stalk-er-checked their profiles and nothing seems dodgey about them so yeah. Cool beans," he grins at me and stands up, "If any of you have anymore questions you can ask now," he moves his arms in sweeping motions to gesture to us, no one speaks up so he smiles, "Right then, all the children under twelve can hop off to bed now. The trio are looking for an older child, so Lucy, Lindsay, Jess, Ant, Peter and Marvin hang back for a minute," he informs us as the younger children left for their rooms, "Goodnight my lovelies!" he calls after them, "You guys stay here, I'll just make sure they're all sorted and then we can discuss the adoption," we all nod and Joey disappears up the stairs.

Adopted by the Yogscast (UNDER EDITING)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara