Chapter 2

Anthony's P.O.V~

Recap: Even though the door was open Lindsay pushed it so hard it hit the wall "OhMyGod gurl, how did it go?" she asked Lucy.

"Well, the dwarf over here decided to ruin my chances and hogged them." Lucy huffed, crossing her arms. In all honesty I'm 5'4 which is actually three inches taller than the average height for my age, I decided to just ignore them and put my headphones on blasting Area 11's album All the Lights in the Sky. Well, I put one of the ear things slightly askew so I could hear what they were saying.

L = Lucy
J = Jessica
Li = Lithiu- I mean Lindsay

Li: "Ugh, he's such an ass kisser. I suppose he has had plenty of practise with Joey anyway."
They all cackled, obviously it was the same old shit talking. I decided to stop my music and record for a bit 'cause sometimes I can get real good blackmail from their gossips.
J: "I heard that his sister has already had six boyfriends and she's only eight."
Li & L: "No way!"
J: "Mmhm. But I don't see why boys would want a greasy haired skank like her anyway, I'm way more prettier like look at this I bought."
She pulled out a sparkling bracelet with sapphires on it, the girls looked at it in awe.
Li: "That is to die for gurl, you have good tastes!" she giggled "Just sayin', that Alex was fit wasn't he?" she loudly whispered
J: "I'd gladly call him daddy any day." she winked, okay now that's disgusting . . . ew. No. The other two hummed in agreement.
L: "Actually I found Ross pretty cute." she added dreamily whilst twirling her hair on her finger.
Li: "I can see what you mean. Hmmm, I hope one of us gets picked by the cuties 'cause they said 'fresh blood' and that usually means something to do with 'gettin' some' if y'know what I mean?"
They all giggled in excitement before starting to babble about other useless crap, I had good blackmail for now so I readjusted my headphones (playing the music again) and zoned out. I thought about how Ella was doing with her adoptive parents and how happy she was now, I always thought about her when I listened to 'Euphemia' since that was our song to rock out to.

Just as I had nearly listened to the entire album I saw Joey in my peripheral vision so I paused my music and removed my headphones, thats when a massive grin spread across Lindsay and Jessica's faces. The said girls ran off past Joey who beckoned us over, Lucy grinned at me whilst narrowing her eyes. Clearly one of us two were being adopted. I finally got a clear look at Joey's face, his eyes were red and puffy like he'd been . . . crying? He cleared his throat and with a wobbly voice declared "I'm sorry Lucy but they've chosen to adopt Anthony." "WHAT!?" she screeched, stamping her foot. Joey nodded and left the room saying "Pack your things Ant, you're leaving today."

As soon as we heard the door click I jumped up and threw my suitcase (which previously resided next to Lucy's under the bed) onto the floor, open may I add, and started lobbing all my stuff into a pile next to it. Once my few belongings were rounded up, I started to fold the clothes up and put them in first before placing the other things on top. I've always been organised when it comes to putting things away and this was no exception. I packed my computer monitor into my case but I decided to leave the screen as it has no data and it is fragile, I walked downstairs to the play room where the battered computer was. I didn't realise that the hatters and Joey were stood right behind me so I continued with my task, I unplugged the crappy monitor and replaced it with my high-end monitor. I only owned such a good screen due to a secret santa where the person who did mine must've been loaded, I hooked it up and double-checked that it worked. I did this because the orphanage had one crappy computer (bar the one Joey has in his office but that's for work purposes only) from the government and I wanted to give the little children a parting gift, I'm sure I can save up for another computer.

I turned around and shit myself when Joey was stood looking at me like a proud father and the hatters were all grinning whilst stood behind him, I tilted my head to the side in confusion "What's up Joey? You okay man?" he just nodded and moved to the side to let me grab my stuff, they followed me into the room and Lucy had disappeared. Probably gone off sulking in Lindsay and Jessica's room. I quickly pulled all my posters down and slapped them down in my case, I then zipped it up and was about to pick it up before Trott grabbed it. He gave me a lopsided grin which I returned and we headed outside to the door and put the stuff in the car, Joey had tears streaming down his face again. I ran back to him and threw myself at him in a massive hug, we both ended up falling over but laughing our arses off "Are you sure you've got everything?" he asked, I went through a mental checklist before I remembered "Shit, my guitar." he grinned as he knew exactly what I'd forgotten as I always forget something, I got up and ran back to my room.

When I got back in my room I couldn't see my guitar anywhere and that's when I started to panic. I have an electric acoustic guitar, it just looks like an ordinary wooden guitar (bar the metal shit on the front for all the electric settings) but my favourite thing about it is that Joey bought it me and took my to my first concert (Area 11) where I met the band and got it signed by Sparkles*, Leo, Kogie and Parv. I had a personalised strap which had references to my favourite youtubers (HAT films/the Yogscast, JackSepticEye and Tomska), this was also given to me by Joey. I loved the guitar to death but it had just disappeared off the face of the earth. That's when I thought where is Lucy? I went into full on panic mode and bolted to the girls' room and almost kicked the door in, I looked in and saw Lindsay and Jessica holding the guitar in place as Lucy had a kitchen knife positioned above her head to swing it down. I didn't even think and just dived for the guitar before she could do any damage to it, I managed to save it but I now had a slice across my upper left arm. We all froze and blood slowly seeped into my shirt and trickled down my arm, I just slung my guitar strap over my right shoulder so it was held on my back and walked off in silence clutching my wound.

As I reappeared in the doorway my left arm was covered in blood as well as my hand and half of my shirt was soaked, I took the guitar off my back and gave it to a frozen Smith. I then whipped my shirt off in one swift move and cleaned up my arm before tying it around the wound like a bandage, Joey was flitting around me like Pigwidgeon from Harry Potter. He was acting how I felt inside: Panic Mode x 100,000,000. I told him I would sort it out once I arrived at the new house, he finally gave up after a lot of persuasion and we had one more emotional goodbye. I heard a window open and looked to see Lindsay hanging out with Jessica looking out the window and Lucy nowhere in sight, good riddance.
"Hey Anthony, I never realised how fit you are. Wanna go out some time?" she asked, I looked at her and smirked "Yeah," her eyes lit up "After you've finished up with your fantasies of calling Alex daddy, you shallow whore." and with that I got in the car, she looked furious "YOU'VE NOT HEARD THE END OF ME HATCHEN!" she fumed, I stuck my head out the window waving goodbye to Joey and just before the car set off I retorted "Just for the record hun, its Hornby now!" I heard her growl in annoyance before she slammed the window, me and Joey pissing ourselves. The car jumped to life and off I went to a new life.