Chapter 1 The Death of Me

Rrrring....Rrrrring! The same annoying sound of ringing sounded off in my ears. BAM! Well that should do it, rolling back over in bed back into a groggy state. The last thing I wanted to do was get up at 5'Oclock in the morning, but today was the beginning of my new job and first impressions meant everything.
I let out a wide yawn, rubbing my eyes, and got up to make some coffee."Just what I need to stay awake." I mumbled to myself, still half asleep. My lack of sleep was caused by nothing more than the word insomnia, and I hated it. As my coffee finally finished off I mixed it with two teaspoons of sugar and slowly enjoyed the warmth that spread down my throat.
Glancing at the clock I saw it was already 5:15 a.m. and I had to be at the precinct at 5:30! "Shit! Only 15 minutes." I quickly jumped in the shower putting myself in sweltering hot water but I had no time to enjoy it at all. Making record timing, I flew out of the shower with my hair still partially wet, got my clothes on, and started putting on concealer and mascara. Thank goodness I wasn't one of those woman to wear a lot of makeup otherwise I'd be shit out of luck with time.
After I toasted two pieces of toast and grabbed my coffee, I was out the door with about ten minutes to spare. Leaving my apartment and making sure to lock it, I started to briskly make my way down the stairs (the elevator here took way too long and it was good exercise). Finally after hailing a taxi, success on my first try, I hopped in and told the man where to go. I sat back in my seat eating my toast while sipping the soothing coffee. The ride there was pretty short compared to the other precinct I use to work at, it took about 5 minutes.
Once I paid the taxi cab driver, I hopped out of the car and stepped on the side walk up to the New York's Precinct #16: Special Victims Unit on the second to last floor. As I finished off my toast I stepped into the building, after being searched, and took the elevator up to SVU. It wasn't my first time on the job and I damn well wasn't a rookie, but it was my first working with sexual encounters. I worked with the homicide unit for about two years and quickly got promoted to being a New York detective with SVU. It turns out this was what I found to be best at and nothing was going to keep me from doing my job and helping people.
As the elevator finally opened, with nobody but me to get off, I stepped out and the smell of burnt coffee grounds reached my nose quickly. "What the hell! Munch, how did you even manage to burn another pot of coffee? This is the second time this week!" Yelled out a fellow detective, I assumed. As I stood in the entrance of the doorway to enter the unit a muscular, blue-eyed man walked up to me. "Can I help you ma'am?" The sound of his voice was a sexy, gravely sound that twisted to the core of my stomach. "I'm pretty sure I am younger than you, so no need to call me ma'am." I replied back. I walked past the handsome creature and hoped he wasn't my partner, only trouble could come of that. I reached the office of Captain Donald Cragen and rapped softly on the door. "Come in!" The sound of his soft voice processed in my ears and I calmly walked through the door. "Olivia! Good to see you back. I knew you would decide to come here." Stated the captain. "Yeah, I found this job to be the one and here I am. So...?" But my half spoken question was left unfinished as the same man from earlier burst into the room. "Cap, why in the hell can't I just go? Obviously this new partner of mine isn't going to show anytime soon and I've got a case to solve!" Ranted the enraged man now standing a few feet away from me. "Olivia Benson, I'd like you to meet Elliot Stabler, your partner."
I looked over at the same man I called sexy and handsome earlier, but I quickly regretted that. He looked at me with anger, lust, and something more that I couldn't quite figure out yet. "Are you kidding me! A rookie as a new partner. This is fucking unbelievable!" He raged on at the captain, but I wasn't going to let that go so easily. "Um, hello? If I'm not mistaken I am standing right here and let me just clarify this now: I am not a fucking rookie! Got that?" I demanded. This said detective, Elliot Stabler, just looked at me dumbfounded. Well someone had to say it and I damn well wasn't going to stand for his shit. As he continued to stare at my face like I was going to disappear at any second, the captain just smiled and walked out telling me to follow.
Leaving behind the detective, I walked into the bullpen and noticed the captain standing over an empty desk across from a full one. Finally after rejoining the world, I guess, Detective Stabler sat down at the desk across from the empty one. He steadily gazed at my face as the captain explained this was my desk and something other, but I found it hard to concentrate seeing as a certain blue-eyed detective wouldn't stop looking at me. As the captain seemed to be coming to an end to his prolonged instructions, I glanced over at the look on the detective's face. He swiftly looked away as soon as I looked at him. It was then that I knew this man was going to be the death of me, but I wasn't going to cave in so easily to his personality. He seemed to have the same idea as I watched his body language tense when I sat down at my brand new desk that I intended to keep for a really long time.

---------------------------------------------
Tell me what you think...should I continue or...? Please comment! Thxnks