Chapter 3 Just the Beginning

Bzzzzz...Bzzzzzz! "Dammit, what the hell is that?!" I had just gotten home from the precinct three and a half hours ago from another long ass week of work and was looking forward to a peaceful weekend. Sitting up and looking at the clock that read 6:14 am, I realized it was my apartment buzzer asking for me to let somebody up. "Who is it, and let me remind you that it is 6:14 in the damn morning?"

"Sorry sunshine, but we've got a case. Now let me up." Demanded none other then the partner known as Elliot Stabler. Groaning internally, I buzzed the arrogant ass access to my apartment. I walked over to the kitchen to toast some bread and get a large cup of coffee. It had been awhile since I'd eaten and I didn't have the energy to order take-out when I got home.

I leaned back into the counter top enjoying the warm coffee go down my throat and warm my cold hands. "You ready to...?" I looked up to expect a pair of sparkling blue eyes but to only see them gazing at anything but my own brown muddy pupils. I was wearing an old pair of shorts that had gotten shorter as the years went by and had an agreeable amount of holes in them too that showed a lot of skin. My shirt wasn't any better considering I hadn't done laundry in a while and needed to. The upper half of my body consisted of a tight fitting black tank top that was also a little old and I had outgrown it years ago. As I looked down, I noticed that my tank top had risen to show a bit of stomach and my shorts had lowered to my hips.

"My eyes are up here, Stabler." I came closer and his eyes moved up but not enough to reach above my face but instead at my cleavage poking out from the constricting material. "That still isn't my face, El." I brought my hand under his chin to lift his eyes up to mine and was met by a couple of dazzling, dark blue eyes full of lust. Smirking up at him, I said, "Good to see you to, El. I'm gonna go get changed and we can leave." Setting my coffee down and brushing past Elliot, I headed for my bedroom for a change of clothes.

A quick ten minutes later and I was dressed in black slacks with a purple v-neck shirt that showed the perfect amount of cleavage paired with my favorite sheik, designer high heeled boots that cost me an entire paycheck. I had enough time to put on concealer, a little bit of eyeshadow, and mascara to top it off. When I walked back in the kitchen to retrieve my toast and coffee, Elliot was now standing in the place I was leaning against earlier sipping my drink. Grabbing my drink,"Hey, get your own buddy!" Taking a quick sip for it to be taken back just as quick. "Nobody makes coffee quite like you, Liv." He said right as he takes another giant gulp while keeping eye contact with me. Ever since last week Elliot had been more open, a little too open for a married man.

Flashback:

"Woah! You did what now?!" Exclaimed Monique Jeffreys talking to John Munch. We had all just finished a tough case with a fourteen year old being sexually abused by her uncle and needed a break, so we headed to O'Malley's. I was on my third drink, not nearly as drunk as I would like to be but my partner had been knocking them back since we'd gotten here. The case hit close to home, I learned, after I got the information out of Elliot. He had a fourteen year old at home himself but offered no more information than that. Instead of listening in to John's bullshit story, I was more concerned about how many beers my partner had downed and was watching him grab for another one.

"Um, I think you should be cut off for the night, Elliot." I grabbed for his beer before he could take a sip. "I can handle myself, Olivia." He said harshly while lunging forward to take it back. Moving the drink farther from his grasp, I looked into his eyes to see pain and a well needed nights rest. "C'mon Elliot, I'm taking you back to my place. I don't think your family would want to see you like this." After saying bye to the guys and Jeffrey's, I basically dragged Elliot out of the bar hoping the walk home would somber him up some. It was a silent five minute walk home to my apartment with Elliot dragging behind me.

Finally reaching my apartment, I unlocked the door and moved Elliot inside to sit down on the couch. Grabbing a water out of the fridge, I handed it to him and sat a fair distance away from him onto the couch. "I'm sorry Olivia. I didn't...I shouldn't have." When I started the unit I heard it was rare to get Elliot Stabler to explain his feelings and now I understood why. "It's fine Elliot. I get it; the case hit close to home. Do you wanna take a shower before you pass out?" I asked smiling a little bit and hoping it would help him feel better. "Yeah, if you don't mind." He looked up at my face as if he was looking for permission first. I shook my head signaling not-at-all and got up to get him a towel. When I turned around I was startled to find him right behind me.

"Sorry." His eyes showed no remorse as I handed him the towel and lead him to my tiny bathroom that was connected to my bedroom. I changed while he showered as steam fell from the crack at the bottom of the door. I don't know if it was the alcohol or the steam that led me to a deep sleep as I waited for Elliot to get out but when I woke the next morning all reminders of another being there last night had been wiped away. All that I found of evidence that Elliot stayed the night was a simple note that said "thanks" signed El at the bottom.

Flashback over

Ever since that night it seemed Elliot came to a mutual agreement within and realized I was his partner for better or worst whether he liked it or not. We became more comfortable over the past few weeks getting to slowly know each other, but I still had concerns about letting him in. Slowly coming back from the past memories, I noticed Elliot was still looking at me as if waiting for an answer.

"Sorry, what'd you say?" I felt embarrassed to be caught not listening. "I asked if you were ready to go but you were too busy off in Liv world to notice. Or were you too busy ogling me?" I laughed as I grabbed my keys, badge, wallet, and gun from the counter and started walking towards the door. "I'm pretty sure that's what you were doing to me this morning El or did you forget already?" As I turned to see Elliot's expression, I saw a slight redness to his cheeks. He quickly quieted down and didn't mention the events of what happened only a few moments ago as we left the building and headed for the precinct.