Chapter 2 Peace Disturbed

Elliot's POV
I rolled over to look at the clock, it said 4:30 a.m. "Ugh..." I sighed and groaned in pain of another sleepless night. Figuring I should just get up and go to work early, I quietly sat up, as to not disturb Kathy, and started getting ready for another long ass day.

I approached the bathroom and closed the door behind me with a fresh towel and work clothes in hand. Turning on the water to boiling hot so I could wash away the aches still left in my body, I stepped into the shower with little hesitation. As I started to wash the black hair on my head, it was then that I remembered I was getting a new partner today. "Ugh..." Another sigh and groan of frustration leaked through my lips. "It better not be a fucking rookie." I grumbled to myself quietly.

Finally, after getting all the shampoo and soap off my body, I stepped out of the shower and dried myself. Putting on my work clothes as slowly as possible, I finished 5 minutes later and was out of the bathroom grabbing my keys, phone, wallet, badge, and gun for work. As I passed the kitchen I stopped and wondered if I should eat anything, but I decided against it. Efficiently and subtly I walked out of my house with my wife and five kids still peacefully sleeping inside.

After getting through New York City traffic I finally reached the Special Victims Unit building where I had been working for about six years now. Bounding up the steps, I looked at my watch to find that it was already 5:28. Once I stepped out of the elevator, I took a few steps and reached the entrance to the bullpen. As I sat down at my desk, the one next to me empty, I overheard Munch and Fin arguing about the burnt pot of coffee.

Briefly forgetting about the fellow detectives bickering, I looked over to the boss's room and the entrance of the bullpen. When was that rookie going to get here? As I stood to go to the bosses' office my idea quickly flew out the window. In the front entrance of the unit stood a gorgeous, auburn haired brunette with beautiful dark, brown eyes staring at the bickering detectives with a slight smirk on her face. She casually leaned up against the entrance door like she belonged there and had been here several times before. Not a moment too soon, I gathered my professionalism and went to ask the beautiful woman what she needed.
"Can I help you ma'am?" I asked politely as possible not wanting to get off on the wrong foot. To say the least her comment was not what I was expecting. "No need to call me ma'am, I'm pretty sure I'm younger than you." Something like that was said by the gorgeous woman. After that she just simply walked away like I was nonexistent. I stood there for what felt like five minutes just thinking about the woman when I realized I was still standing in the front door entrance to the precinct. Finally gathering my thoughts completely, I set off to do what I was going to in the first place.
Enraged by the fact that my new partner still wasn't here and I had a case to work, I busted into the captain's office looking for answers. "Cap, why in the hell can't I just go? Obviously this new partner of mine isn't going to show anytime soon and I've got a case to solve." I briefly acknowledged the woman from earlier standing beside me before focusing on what the captain was saying. "Olivia Benson, I'd like you to meet Elliot Stabler, your partner." The woman named Olivia looked over at me straight in the eyes and I realized she was analyzing my emotions. In that moment I let my anger be waded by lust and a strong liking towards her. But my thoughts still consumed me as I thought about how hard it would be to work with a rookie so I vocally spoke how I felt. However, the second I accused her of being a rookie I was slammed back into place. "I am not a fucking rookie. Got that?" Those were her exact words that kept reverberating in my mind. I came out of my thoughts to realize I was alone in the captain's office. Finally rejoining cap and Olivia, I sat down at my desk to re-examine the beautiful woman. She was beautiful but you could tell she had scars. No matter the flaw on her face covered by makeup, she held herself high with a strong posture. It was going to be an interesting and difficult partnership for me, I thought. She suddenly took interest in my gaze as I quickly averted my eyes not wanting to be caught staring. The captain walked away and she settled down in the desk right across from me. Our eyes met for a few seconds when she broke the contact. My body tensed as I looked away and I thought for a moment, whatever peace I had didn't last long and wasn't coming back anytime soon with Olivia around.