CHAPTER 7

Chapter 7 of F.L.U.I
The Undying

Gravity paced back to normal and you fell to the ground, this time clinging onto Sans shirt before you could hit your head again. Letting out a breath you've been unintentionally holding in, you took a moment to look at your surroundings.

There were blue flowers planted all around you. They swayed silently side to side, an aura that seemed too tense to be serine. You looked over the bridge you were standing in, and saw a stream of water laying still. Taking a step back, you looked up into the dark that never seemed to end. Glowing stars glistened once in a while, and your eyes squinted at the sight. You found yourself wondering if they were real.

"... They're fake," Sans answered like he was reading your mind. You whipped your head back to register him, and his sockets looked kind of dull. It wasn't the type of dull you had seen a while back, but more calm than it was threatening. You sent him the same look before walking down the pathway.

The road led right, so you followed it; every step was alarming to your consciousness. The flowers stood so still as you passed them, that they almost looked dead. The cold air was prickling against your skin but you didn't feel a breeze. This feeling of nature in it's most unnatural state... It Was waiting for your next move.

"...Hey sans," you called, stopping in your tracks. You turned your head around to get his attention better. The skeleton tilted his skull.

"Uh, yeah, kid?" He prompted. You felt a little annoyed by the name but shoved the thought away almost immediately.

"The human... You said that they're familiar to you, right? Have you met them before?"

"Before they fell down and came to Snowdin? I don't think that's possible, kid."

"Then... Do they remind you of someone?" You raised an eyebrow at him. Sans narrowed his sockets, then looked away so that you couldn't see his face. There was a slight pause as you both stood there.

"It's not that they remind me of someone. The lil' kid's just familiar," he finally stated, then walked ahead of you. You sighed at his not-very-informative-answer and walked faster to catch up with him,

"Hey, wait up--" your words faded slowly as you saw an armored soldier, with long red hair, blocking the monster kid you had seen awhile ago. Papyrus was behind them, his eyes widening like he was being traumatized, unusually quiet. The kid was in front of all of them, laughing in a demonic state, the same knife that stabbed you clutched in their hand.

"Haha, well this is ironic...What brings you all here?" The demon child asked, lips curving into a sly smirk. Sans' hands were out of his pockets, clenched tightly into fists.

"I could say the same to you..." The small skeleton growled. The kid just laughed the statement off, twirling the knife in their hands, and walking cheerfully around in circles. After having a moment of 'celebration', they stopped on their tippy toes and leaning forward towards the red head soldier,

"Well.... More for me to kill then."

The human lifted their occupied hand and charged forward to attack. The soldier immediately ducked and grabbed monster kid in the process. Sans quickly jumped in and pulled papyrus from his frozen state, falling into a nearby wall. The small kid flipped their hair and sprinted towards the armored monster who was holding monster kid tightly in defense.