Chapter 15

(A/N: Sorry for the late update.)

Time seemed to pass by in a blur.

Fay woke, she recovered, and reality set in. Han was dead, he was gone, he would never come back. She would never hear is laugh, never see his smile, never feel his love.

Fay would never see her twin again.

Time seemed to pass by in blur.

She was officially seven, not that she really noticed. Just as Valkar and promised his wife, Adridatha, their baby girl would head off into battle. The cease fire Fay created lasted only a mere three days, before both clans realised how much the despised one another, and the battle began once more. 

So, Fay - barely seven-years-old - strapped on armour that didn't even fit her, walked side by side with people she didn't even know, and bled for a cause she didn't even believe in.

Time seemed to pass by in a blur.

::

Almost instantly, barely a week into the battle.

Fay took her first life.

She always knew it was an inescapable fate, something that was always bound to happen. But she always thought there would be more time.

It was simple, clean, one strike.

She stood above the shinobi-

No, child.

Watching his eyes roll back, the life draining from him, body turned cold, blood pooling around him.

And a desperate cry.

Time seemed to passed by in a blur.

::

"ARGH!" 

Fay frowned, watching as the Uchiha drew his last breath, back hitting the stones beneath him with a crack, body stilling. 

She hated this part.

She flickered her wrist, shaking off the specks of blood from her kunai before wiping the rest away. Fay looked up, sensing her squad already taking off, miles from her current position. She stuffed her kunai away, stopping for a moment to observe the fallen Uchiha.

He was young, early twenties? Probably had a family, and a wife, maybe some kids. People who loved him. People to return to.

Fay sighed.

And they would never see him again.

Fay turned away, eyes fluttering upwards as a familiar chakra signature rushed into the canopy, the eyes-catching form of Akiyama Saphira leaping into sight.

"Onee-chan!"

"Fay!" The teen called, landing softly beside her sister. "Mother requests your presences, and the council."

Saphira, donning her own armour and katana by her side, stared calmly at her sisters form. At seventeen and a half, Saphira was shaping into being a legendary warrior. 

"Ok."

Fay was nearly nine, already possessing precise skill with a kunai and techniques which should be far beyond her. Nearly two-years into joining the never-ending war Fay was tired, she was still the same old ball of energy, lighting up any room she entered.

But it was different now.

Within a second Saphira was gone, her chakra beyond reach. That was the first time the sisters engaged in conversation in months.

Not that she even considered that a conversation.

Fay sighed.

Time seemed to pass by in a blur.

::

Fay sat, crouched down beside the light, bloodied armour discarded behind her. Dressed in simple cloths, hanging loosely from her thin frame, tussling gently in the breeze.

The door cracked open a smudge, moonlight pouring in, trees whistling outside. Knees pressed to the wooden floor, fingers lanced together, lips drawn into a thin frown.

The candle flickered, the flame burning bright as Fay smiled.

"Happy birthday Han."

Time seemed to pass by in a blur.