Chapter 29

(AN/N: long chapter, but we're nearing the creation of Konoha!

Are you guys ready to move onto her adult years or will you miss her childhood ones?)

::

"Daiki you bastard!!" 

He could hear a voice, distraught and cracking, implying that the owner was on the brink of tears.

"You idiot! You fool! You arse-hat!"

'Arse-hat huh? That ones new'

"You hypocrite!! Yelling at me for dying and here you are! Doing the same fucking thing!!!"

'Ah, it's Saph'

Daiki allowed his eyes to peer open, he knew Saphira's face would no doubt be twisted in anguish.

"Don't you die on me!!" Saphira hissed, tightening her one-armed hold around his back.

Daiki took in the scene around him; Fay was beside her sister, silent. Tobirama couldn't be more horrified, and Hashirama was once more defending the all of them.

Saphira tried all she could in stopping the blood flow, but her efforts appeared in vain. Strangely, Daiki couldn't feel the bottom half of his body, slowly tilting his head down, he realised something.

That he didn't have a lower half anymore.

Daiki's eyes widened in horror, tears unwilling forming as he began to shake madly, fingers desperately pawing at his wound.

Saphira watched as he began to hyperventilate, clearly going into shock.

"Daiki! Calm down! Please you mustn't panic, you'll lose too much blood!!" She begged, using her one arm to hold him down as she openly sobbed.

The whole sight was too painful for her to bare, watching him suffer was simply too much.

"P--Please! Don't struggle!" Saphira choked. "Y--you'll only h--hurt yourself!"

Tobirama seemed to finally come to his senses, pushing past the still shock-induced Fay and arriving at Saphira's side. He helped the Clan Head in holding down Daiki.

Eventually he calmed down, body relaxing into Saphira's arm.

At this, he spoke. "I--I...I.."

Saphira took his hand in hers, squeezing it tight.

"I...I can't s--see.."

She breathed in sharp, tears overflowing as she brought his hand to her mouth, kissing it gently before placing it to her heart.

"I--Its so dark...w--where am I--I...?" Daiki began to mumble, the fear in his voice clear. "I..I.."

"Sh.." Saphira hushed. "You're fine...you're ok."

"S--Saph..i--is that y--you...?"

"Yes..." She reassured him. "I'm here..so is Fay...you're fine, just please don't speak.."

Daiki gave her a wobbly grin, eyes looking up to the sky above them. Saphira could see the faded green, once as bright as brilliant cut emeralds, now glazed over.

Tobirama crawled forward, and spoke in an almost whisper. "Why did you save me?"

Daiki continued to stare upwards, lips twisting into a frown.

"I d--didn't do it...for you..."

Fay seemed to fade out of her shock, slowly looking over to Daiki.