Chapter 4 - Old flings, older rules

Roberto Giovanni pride himself to be a patient man, but his granddaughter was running his patience thin. He didn't know if that was because he was getting old or because she had somehow become even more stubborn the last six years.

Neither of them were willing to back down. Not for this.

"I don't WANT a bodyguard."

"I couldn't care less on what you want. My decision is final."

"Grandfather,"

"No. It's not up to desiccation. Now to something actually of importance, I had a surprising visit earlier today.
Dante showed up at my doors this morning."

The news came to Arianna like a shock wave. It wasn't that she was naive enough to think that Dante wouldn't eventually approach her grandfather. She just didn't think he would do it so soon.

"Imagine my surprise to find out about that little hidden relationship of yours."

"I would hardly call what we had a relationship... It was more of a flin..."

One look from her grandfather had her shuting up.

"What did you tell him?"

This time her voice was small, hesitating. She didn't want to anger her grandfather more than what he already was. It was just her first day back.

"That if he was anyone else I we would be having a very different conversation, but as things are he has my approval but the decision is yours. He is a good man for you Arianna and I have no doubt that he loves you. It needed guts to come here and talk to me. He may be the Don's son but if I had taken his words differently it would have hardly mattered. Not when it come to honor. That alone tells me how much better he is from that Philip you used to see. Not that there was ever any comparison."

"You know about Philip."

"Don't flatter yourself girl. Of course I know. I know everything that happens in this family, even if they are kilometers away. You managed to hide something like this once, it doesn't mean you could hid it twice. I have known for years, long befor Stefano's visit. You realy think that I wouldn't have people watching you."

"That was the whole agreement."

"Made with your brother not me. I had people after you even thought you didn't exactly made it easy. Atleast for the first three years I could swear you were hell bent on giving me a heart attack. Did you realy had to go to middle-east?"

"Yes. It was a good experience."

"Not for me."

"Then why didn't you pull me out?"

"I wanted you to come back on your own."

"Well that didn't happen."

Robert just gave her a small know it all smile and said nothing. It was true, she had not come back under her own free will, but he was confident that she would have.

"Your room is ready, you'll find that it hardly changed over the years. I kow you sold your apartment after you left. "

"About that... I'm not staying here. Elena and I thought it will be fun to live together."

"It's the same building as Lucas and Stefano. Is that right?"

"Yes"

"Very well. Thought I would have rather you stay here, work a little bit on the thinks with your grandmother."

"Me and grams need to work things on our own time. Living in the same house is not going to help with that."

"If thats what you think very well, but i want to see an improvement."