We're us now

Ari

I woke up with Ashton pacing the bedroom. I sat up rubbing my eyes and stretching.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I moved to the end of the bed sitting on my knees.

He looked up and smiled, "I'm fine."

"Don't lie Ashton."

He huffed and sat next to me, "she's told the paparazzi already. It's in the papers Ari, Michael will definitely know now."

"What? She-she actually told them? How am I supposed to explain this?" I panicked.

He rubbed his head and then looked at me grabbing my waist, "that's not all."

"It's not?"

"She's decided to tell everyone that her brother died too, and that you forced yourself upon me."

I gasped, "wait! That means I look bad, really bad!"

"Ari, this isn't even the worst of it but I promise I will sort this. I won't let anything bad happen to you." He pecked my lips.

//

"Ari Clifford, is it true that you and Ashton are back together?"

"Ari, is it true you got with Ashton whilst his girlfriend was mourning for her dead brother?"

"Ari, is it true you are back with the guy who was already taken?"

"No! Look, Jessie went with Ashton when I was with him! She cheated too!" I yelled angrily.

"Babe, come on. Don't give them what they want." Ashton said pulling me away. "Just keep walking."

"I can't help it!" I yelled frustrated. "They don't know anything."

Ashton kept pushing me inside the restaurant we headed too, "I know babe, but you cant get mad at them for doing there job either."

I frowned and nodded before walking in. Ashton said his last name as the waiter found us a table.

"Is this an okay seat for you?" He asked as he pointed to the booth.

Ashton smiled, "perfect."

The waiter smiled leaving us to decide on what to eat and drink. I could see the paparazzi outside, the cameras kept flashing and security were pushing them back.

"We can't even go outside without causing trouble." I mumbled. "Michael hasn't even called yet."

"Maybe he doesn't know, he is in Spain." Ashton said licking his lips and reading the menu.

"Cassie knows, she's messaged. He must know, maybe he doesn't care."

Ashton looked up quickly, "don't even go there. You know he cares."

"Yeah I know, sorry."

He moved closer to me wrapping his arm around me as I leant my head on his shoulder. "Don't apologise, I get why you're worried babe."

"It's just, I never meant to get bad publicity for your band. My friends, boyfriend and brother are in it." I huffed before seeing a huge smile spread across his face. "What?"

"You haven't called me your boyfriend in so long, I've missed it."

I smiled blushing, "stop it. Let's order."

//

"Ha! Ha!" I laughed as did Ashton.

"Can I get you two dessert?" The waiter came back smiling.

I looked at Ashton and he was about to say yes, but in all honesty I just wanted to go home. "Uh no, we're okay." I smiled at him, "thank you."

The waiter left and came back with the bill. Ashton laid down $100 and then we left.

It was raining outside and the paparazzi followed us all the way to our car. I got in and shook my hair trying to get the wet feeling out, I know it's impossible but everyone does it don't they?

"Why didn't you want dessert? You know I have the money right?" Ashton asked worried.

I laughed, "yeah I know you have the money. I just wasn't hungry." I shrugged pulling the belt over me and plugging it in.

"Fuck!" Ashton yelled as he looked forwards.

There were paparazzi everywhere. All standing in front of our car. Ashton was angry and wanted to get out the car.

"Don't, don't get out. Don't provoke them." I grabbed his arm as he shook with anger.

"They can't follow us forever, they just can't." He mumbled his hands tightening on the wheel.

I placed a kiss on his cheek and he looked at me, "let's just get home okay? Like you said, we're us again now, there's nothing else to it. We're me and you baby."

He smiled and turned the key before driving slowly through the paparazzi.

//

"Michael!" I gasped as soon as we stepped into the door.

Michael stood there his arms crossed and his back to us. He didn't turn around. "What's this I hear about you and Ashton again?"

"Michael, we, we got back together just the other day." I tried to explain.

"Whilst his girlfriend is mourning for her brother? Are you stupid!?" He yelled turning around.

I stroked my arm and shook my head feeling tears well in my eyes.

"Come on bro, don't act like you did before." Ashton huffed.

"You're ruining the band, the publicity we've got is fucking trash! We look like fuckboys who don't care! All because you can't keep your legs shut!"

Here it was again. Me, Ari Clifford, the biggest slut he knows. It happened before and it's happening now. But this time I'm stronger.

"I'm not some slut Michael, I have feelings and I have every right to be with Ashton! Yes, yes, I could have chosen it at a better time but I've done it! If you can't except me then that's too bad because I'm the only sister you have and loosing me will be the biggest mistake, well, one of the biggest mistakes you'll make." I yelled before aiming for the door.

"Wait!" He yelled. "You're right, I'm sorry." Michael said quickly. "I just never thought you'd be known as that type of girl Ari. I'm sorry."

I huffed and turned around, "don't worry. I get that, it's not like I decided to be a cheat one day. I've tried talking to Jessie but I know she won't listen. But, I didn't so I understand her."

"Well, its different isn't it? She's just lost her brother." Michael mumbled.

I nodded, "you can never make me feel any worse than I already do. I regret everything I've done to you and this band. But for once in my life I want to be able to hold onto the man I love." I took a deep breath. "You know I've never loved anyone as much as Ashton, he was everything to me and he still is. I'm so crazy for him that I would do anything and I have. I can't loose him again Michael, I just can't."