Star wolf

After frantically telling me to stay put, Azaela whizzed out of the den and started on her search for Kala.
I practically feel each strong wing beat as she flew over the barren terrain. The cliffs consist of various herbs, mostly dead grass. There is little water, and only a few meagre tress unlike the abondance of pines down in the valley. I didn't know how lucky I was to have Azaela, she sacrificed her whole life for two measly wolf pups.

Moments later I could see her swoop down in the distance, grasping the small, limp, bronze body that is my sister, and slowly gliding back to me.
"She's fine. But a young deer must've knocked her out." Azaela whispered.
It was a relief to know Kala was fine, and the situation further sparked my curiosity.
"Why was there a deer on the cliffs? Were they traveling, but it's too early for them to travel. You said they traveled when the ground was cold and white." I threw these questions on her not even thinking about my sister just laying there.
"It might be lost. Who knows."
"Okay...." I settled for the easy response so she could tend to my sister. But I know there's something more. Deer never come to the cliffs, especially fawns.

Hours later I lifted my head, still dozen from my slumber. The frosted moon was still touching the horizon. Kala, asleep next to me was still conked out from her accident earlier. So I decided to take a walk around the very familiar cliff territory Azaela had set for us. Stop 10 paw steps before the edge of the cliff, and no further than the large balsam tree. So technically, stay in sight, and don't go near the cliff. I step out of the den, the cool dirt collides with my young paws. Night is always beautiful on the cliffs, we get the most beautiful view of the sunset, and sunrise. The colours are magnificent a vast array of reds and oranges, feels like the sky is on fire. But now. Now the stars have come out to play with us. I pad out to the open field and sit on the crunchy herbs beneath me. Tilting my head, I watch the moon slowly drift into the night sky.
Azaela had been teaching us the wolf customs and beliefs since day one. One thing that always fascinated me was the night.
At night it is told all wolf ancestors come out to guard the land from the dark. Each wolf is guided by lupus and each wolf is part of a great constellation of stars. Some, legendary wolves are said to come and dance, they play and bounce on a beautiful wave of colours. Illuminating the sky with greens, blues, and purples. They are the star wolves, and the guardians of our land.