3. Meeting Death the Kid

Kaylub woke up and sighed sitting up slightly straining against his body's protest. "You shouldn't move so much. You might reopen the wounds." He spun around and saw the boy with three white stripes on only the left side in his black hair as he had nearly as pale as Kaylub skin and piercing two shade golden eyes. Kaylub looked him over and noticed that, besides his hair, everything about him was symmetrical. "My name is Death the Kid, but everyone just calls me Kid. I'm going to be your miester." Kaylub just raised an eyebrow at him. Why would he be my miester...doesn't he have a weapon? He shrugged.
"I'm not very compatible with most souls as the Professor told me." Kid just nodded.
"I was informed, but I think you might be pleasantly surprised by how compatible we are together." He then rose from his chair and nodded before exiting the room. I don't know wether to be afraid for him or be happy for myself? With a groan, he laid back down on the bed falling back to sleep.
After a day of rest Kaylub was able to go back to class. He entered the classroom and a hush followed his every move as he sat down next to his miester. He looked over to him since the professor hasn't arrived yet. "So, after school want to see if our soul wavelengths are able to to match?" Kaylub said bored as Kid turned to him.
"That's perfectly fine with me." He said looking towards the front since professor Stein rolled in. Class went by simply as everyone kept looking at Kaylub who kept slightly glaring at Stein through the class. After class he went to the rooftop and sat down on one of the spikes waiting for Kid. "What are you doing up there?"
"I like the breeze and the calm sounds up here." He says laying on his back.
"Well come down here before you break it like a certain star." He said as he rolled his eyes. Kaylub sighed and stood up. As he jumped down he pulled out his shadow form and used it to land, feet first, onto the ground. "Okay, that was a rather interesting way to land." He said as Kaylub made his is other form vanish. Kaylub just shrugged as he jumped into the air transforming into his weapon form as Kid caught him. At that moment a red soul with three white lines on the left side with a bored expression saw a smaller black soul covered in scars with a scared look nearby. The two souls saw each other and the smaller one got scared as he scooted away causing Kid to drop Kaylub as he transformed back tears in his eyes.
"Now you know why I don't need a miester...I'll only hurt them." He said looking at the blood dripping from Kids wrist.
"I think we need to trust each other first from what I sensed in your soul." He said giving him a hand back up. Kaylub nodded his way and started to walk away his hands in his pockets. He heard Kid catch up. "What's a place you feel safe and calm?" Kaylub stopped and looked at him confused. "It could help us synchronize if you were in a place your soul felt at ease." Kaylub nodded and kept walking till he reached an ally. Kid looked confused as Kaylub smiled. He lept up onto the buildings and smiled.
"Here, I always feel at peace when I'm high off the ground away from people's eyesight." He says a Kid lands on the roof with him.
"You want to try again now that we're out of others site?" He nods shifting as Kid caught him. The souls see each other and the red one gets closer to the black that was weary but didn't move. The two soon started to synchronize and Kaylubs shadow form was in Kids other hand. "We did it...you are quite a symmetrical weapon with your shadow form too." Kaylub blushed at the compliment as he was able to shift back.
"W-whatever we should start training tomorrow at 8 if that's fine with you?" He turned to look at Kid who had literal stars as eyes. He blushes and looks away.
"Not only are you perfectly symmetrical, but you also chose the most symmetrical time to work." He rubbed the back of his head blushing darker from the complement.
"T-thanks, I guess," he then starts to roof leap home as Kid watches him leave. He really is a good weapon.