4. The Star Approches

Kaylub was resting on his favorite spike in the school. After becoming Kids weapon, he, Liz and patty became closer. He felt himself around them and gave them the rare, real smile. Rumors ran around as everyone was only talking about Kaylub and Kids partnership. This made a certain star upset as people weren't focused on him. He saw Kaylub on the spike and walked over to him. "Hey are you the one people are calling the shadow blade?" Kaylub looked up at him slightly annoyed as he was blocking the sun. He shrugged. "Well listen here I'm Black-Star the kid who's going to surpass god and I don't need some no one getting in my way." He said pointing a finger at him with a slight glare. "You should be glad that...what did you say?" He asked looking down.
"I said move you're blocking the sun...an actual star." Kaylub repeated loud enough for him to hear. This made Black-star laugh as Kaylub slowly got more ticked off.
"I will surpass the sun and be known as the biggest star you just wait and whaaa-" he was then tripped off the spike by a ticked off Kaylub. "Get down here and fight me." He shrugged and jumped down landing on his feet with grace...and no sword. His hands were in his pockets as he looked at him annoyed. What either didn't know was the whole group was here and so was professor Stein. What is he playing at? He and Kid thought as Kaylub didn't grab out his shadow form. "This'll be a piece of cake, once I beat you the talk will return to me and how I beat..." Kaylub was gone then he appeared behind him...he coughed up blood and fell to his knees.
"Black-star!" Tsubaki
"Don't," Maka, Kid, and Stein could see there were thin like threads of soul energy. They all looked at Kaylub who was calmly walking over to him.
"Listen, Black-star, I don't care about your dream to surpass god or anything like that, I don't care if the people are talking about me in the halls or even in class. The last mistake you'll ever make is saying you're going to fight me without a weapon." He said to him as the soul thread vanished. He turned on his heels and was going to walk away when Black-star changed at him. Kaylub spun and blocked his blow with his foot. He then pushed him back and did soul blade-thread surround. He only waited. Black-star, unable to see the thread, changed at him only to receive cuts and not move an inch. He sighed and went towards him and placed a finger on his bleeding cheek. He was then sent backwards to cough up more blood. "Stay down, I'm not allowed to kill." He then walked away as the group came rushing to Black-stars side.
"K-Kid, I want to train with your weapon he's my next goal, if I can't surpass him, how will I ever surpass god?" He had tears in his eyes as Tsubaki did too. Kid nodded going after Kaylub who went to the park.
"What was that?" He asked sitting next to him. Kaylub looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "The thin soul energy you surrounded him with?"
"Oh soul blade-thread, I don't know. I've been able to do for life and it's gotten me out of a lot of tight spots." He said looking down.
"Do you think we could do that move?" He asked as Kaylub shrugged.
"Maybe in soul resonance?" He said unsure.
"Well Black-star wanted me to asked if you'd train him."
"Sure" Kaylub answered with a shrug.
"You don't- wait did you say yes?" He shook his head.
"I said sure." He said with a cocky grin. Kid just looked at him confused. "I think it'll be good, he has a good spirit, but lacks patience and timing. Plus it'll be fun." He said with a smile. Kid nodded then left leaving Kaylub to his thoughts. I remember a star being there when I was born...assassins seem to always find each other in the end.