flirting / Sporting Goods

- / flirting / -

"My friends call me Ry-Ry, but you.." Ryan leans over the counter to wink at Cartoonz. "You can call me anytime sweet cheeks.."

"Um," Cartoonz stalls, blushing.

Ryan winks at him again. And slides a piece of paper with his phone number across the counter.

"You off by eight, baby?" He drawls, fluttering his eyelashes up at the other man.

- / sporting goods / -

Working at the Sporting Goods counter was .. interesting to say the least on most nights, but on this particular Sunday night Cartoonz was really wishing he could have just stayed home in bed.

The guy slowly browsing the fishing hooks kept eyeing him over his shoulder, as he was checking to see if Cartoonz was still there.

He was wearing one of those paper masks people usually wear to keep colds to themselves, so Cartoonz was loath to approach him, but he had to do his job so he slowly watched up to the guy, hands in his pocket and slouching back just enough to pop that one spot between his shoulders.

"You need anything?" He asked politely, almost a foot taller than the customer.

"A date would be good."

"What?" Cartoonz freezes, eyes wide, sure his ears have betrayed him.

"Ohm," the man introduces himself, pulling down his mask to reveal a toothy grin and a pretty face, only slightly pink at the edges of his cheeks. "And you are..?"

His mouth opens and closes, he's at a bit of a loss, but he tries to remain polite still. This is his job and there are cameras just above him watching him, so Cartoonz closes his mouth and smiles.

Then replies, "Luke".

Slipping a hand out of his pocket to accept the handshake Ohm's offering, and nodding a friendly hello.

"So," Ohm continues. Soft fingers still lightly holding his own, he turns Cartoonz's hand over and slowly traces lines across his palm. "How do you feel about Chinese?"

Looking up at him with those dark grey eyes, full of mirth and confidence, despite the reddening cheeks and pink tinted ears.

"I.." Cartoonz stutters.

"Will pick you up at eight then?" Ohm finishes, squeezing Cartoonz's hand one final time before letting go and slipping the mask back over his face.