Chapter 2: Goodbye Normal Life

ChanHee arranged the last items set in his suitcase. Articles of stylish clothing, some common necessities, and valuable things were crammed tightly in one small suitcase. I’m going to miss this easy lifestyle…he thought. LJoe creped around the apartment room; inspecting various photos and knickknacks scattered everywhere. He noticed one of the photos hanging on the wall was a picture of little ChanHee, cute and chubby. Another was of his mom and dad. Added to that was a picture of a man; perhaps it was Chunji’s brother. A black picture frame rested on a countertop of the whole family in one photo. He raised the polished object in his hand. His family is probably way better than mine, LJoe thought, placing the memory back on the surface. Searching for treasures, he rummaged through cabinets and drawers for hidden cash or something of value. Sadly, he only found trifles or books. Ew. Books. Defeated, he trudged over to a leather couch at the other side of the room and plopped down tiredly. ChanHee came into the room all packed up and grabbed his cellphone out of his pocket.

         “I’m calling my friends now. Can you go to another place or something?’” he said.

         “Why can’t you text them?” LJoe questioned, un-amused.

         “Because this is my last time to talk to them! Now get out!” 

         “Aish…moron…” LJoe trotted out of the room and locked the door behind him.

         ChanHee looked through his contact list to see the following people: Ricky, Niel, C.A.P., and ChangJo. And last of all, his girlfriend. He could-not-forget about her. “C.A.P. hyung, hi…”

——————— 

         After going through his friends, all he needed to do was call his girlfriend: Sung Hyun Seok. You can do this ChanHee…it’s for the best…okay…here we go… He dialed the number in a flash and waited for the ringing tone to skip to a feminine voice. It did so after one minute.

         “Annyeong oppa! Can I come over? I’m really bored and I want to see you sooooo badly~” she cooed. Omo…I leave her for a day and she wants to see me…how cute. No, no, get back on track. This is serious right now. You need to protect these people from the truth.

         “Um…Seokkie…I need to talk to you about something. It’s really serious and…” he trailed off.

         “What do you want to talk about?” she requested.

         “I…I…” A sudden pause broke between them and the line was silent on both sides. ChanHee held the phone in his sweaty palm; trying to collect the words he’s trying to say. Mihan, Hyun Seok. But this is for the best…

         “I’m breaking up with you…I can’t tell you why, but it’s for the better...” he admitted. His vision became lightly blurry but he managed to pull through. He said hello a few times because the phone was silent, and it stayed silent. Nothing. No feminine voice was noted. ChanHee collapsed on the floor, shriveling like a dead flower. Mihan…mihanae… His phone dropped in accordance with his arm, hitting the ground with a loud thud. Tears cascaded down his cheeks, falling onto the hardwood floor. Mihanaeyo... Sobs turned into loud cries echoing around the room.

         When is he going to come out? It’s been an hour already. The cops should just arrest me now. LJoe paced uncontrollably in front of the door like a puppy waiting for its owner. Ugh…he’s taking too long. He grabbed the silver handle of the door and pulled down in one swift motion. 

         “Yo I’m coming in-“ he stopped and gazed at the sight in front of him. Oh…what did he do? He strolled next to ChanHee and patted him on the back.

         “Gwenchana? What happened?” he genuinely asked. He soothed him with gentle petting motions.

         “My girlfriend…I broke up with her…” ChanHee responded, shaking.

         “Dont’t worry, I got this.” LJoe picked up ChanHee’s cellphone and began to chat things up. “Hi I’m ChunJi’s friend and you better deal with it. He’s doing this for the best, and he wants you to know that.” Screams on the other line flooded out of the cellphone. “He’s really stressed and stuff so he can’t handle a relationship. And don’t say ‘wae’ because he’s too stressed. I’m hanging up.”

         “YAH! YAH! WAE GU LAE? CHANHEE! WAEEE-“ LJoe hit the end call button and threw the cell phone on the ground.Haha, that was fun, he thought sinisterly. “See? You end it like that. Now lets go, we can’t stay here any longer.” LJoe grabbed the crying boy’s suitcase and pulled him off the ground. He escorted the weeping man towards the door and into the hallway. Delaying their time for a bit, LJoe twisted around. The latter soon did the same.

         “Any last words before we go?” LJoe inquired. ChanHee sniffled and took hold of his suitcase.

         “Yeah. Bye normal life.”

         “It’s not that bad. Come on, first stop is Busan.” LJoe wrapped a friendly arm around the heartbroken soul. ChanHee’s eyes shot down and he smiled a crooked smile. “Komawo, Byunghun-ssi."

         “Yah, I told you not to call me that. Ka ja.”

A/N: So much dialougue wah~ Anyways, enjoy the chapter u w u