Chapter 13: Woof Woof

Hyun Seok recovered a few hours later. Finding that no one was there when she woke up, she picked up her cellphone and called Chunji. Those idiots…I’m going to kill them when they get here, she thought, waiting for the beeping to stop. Are they actually dating? Them? A manager and an employee? Something didn’t seem right… 

         “Yeboseyo-“

         “YAH! YOU MAKE ME FAINT AND THEN YOU DON’T WAIT FOR ME TO WAKE UP? ARE YOU EVIL?” Hyun Seok bashed. 

         Another voice answered, “We were just having fun. We’re not going to wait for hours in a waiting room doing absolutely nothing. We’re leaving now, bye.” And with that the other person on the line hung up. This left the schoolgirl in a fit, tossing and turning on her bed.

         Later, the two men came to the girl’s aid. They entered the room where she laid and she propped up on command. She flung her bed sheets aside and flounced to the two. 

         “You pabos!” Hyun Seok glowered. “Grr…  I’m hungry. Kaja.” She stomped out the sliding doors. Dumbfounded, the men walked after her. 

         On their way, a stray pooch followed the three. It was brown, black, and tan with long streaky fur in along its lip, chest, legs, and above it’s eyes. It had a short tail, small ears, and no collar. It’s tongue hung out of it’s mouth, panting. ChanHee peered behind him and stopped in his tracks. He pulled LJoe with him, breaking him in front of the dog. Hyun Seok paused and turned. Waiting, the dog idled in the view of the trio, posing cutely and patiently. Crouching down to the eye level of the dog, ChanHee observed the hound. A schnauzer. Easing his hand to the dog’s forehead, he proceeded with caution. The dog raised its head and licked the brunette’s palm. He then petted the pup’s head and played with its ears. “Aww! It’s so cute! Byunghun can we keep it?” Chunji entreated. The dog barked at LJoe, wanting his response. Rolling his eyes, LJoe squared, “No. We don’t have food for it. Where are we supposed to keep it? What happens when we have no water for it? It could have an owner!” Chunji pouted and fiddled the stoke-like fur. He looked into the dog’s dark eyes and said, “Don’t listen to him. I bet he doesn’t like dogs, but I do. I’m going to take care of you well, okay? You need a name, doggy.” Hyun Seok bent down to pet the dog’s back. “How about Nutella? You like that American food a lot right?” she recommended. “Nutella! Yeah! Your new name is Nutella!” Chunji cooed. LJoe squatted like the girl and boy and inspected the chocolate mix of a dog. “Now check if it’s a girl or a boy.” LJoe trilled. Face blushing pink, Chunji looked around and ducked his head momentarily. “Girl…” ChanHee told. “Come on Nutella! We’re going to eat! You can have some food too!” ChanHee chanted, standing up, patting the dog’s head. He led the way, Nutella trotting and barking behind him. The two left looked at each other. Hyun Seok shrugged and bounded after them. LJoe did too. All of them were running on the street, humans and beasts alike. 

         Japan had a lot of pet cafes, to their hopes. Korea did too, but pets were not as accepted as they were in Japan. They uncovered a pet cafe for dogs where the people who dine there would admire many dogs, but not all of them have an individual owner. Most dogs in the cafe were cared for by the employees, and even by the customers. Some would rent a dog and take care for it by the hour if they wanted to. Otherwise, the dogs were loved. Taken care of. Owners with their dogs can enjoy a meal and mingle with the dogs at the cafe. A puppy haven, people would call it. This particular cafe had a grooming salon and an adorable doggy boutique with classy items for the pampered pooches. Prancing through the opened door, Nutella went in first, then ChanHee and the rest of the gang. “I’m going to get a collar for Nutella, you guys get a table.” Chunji pardoned himself and brought the dog with him to the shop. The schoolgirl and the blonde man seated themselves and were pressured by the other’s company. “Are you really…in a relationship with him?” Hyun Seok sputtered, looking down. “Yes.” LJoe remarked. “So back off.” In response, the girl chuckled, “What makes you think you have a right to steal him away from me? He’s mine. Were you the reason he broke up with me?” LJoe pursed his lips. “No… But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t like me. He loves me.” he scoffed, glaring at the person before his eyes. Hyun Seok snickered,