My Fighter [13]

My  Fighter [13]

She can't seem to stop staring at her ring. She keeps her hand in front of her face, her thumb twirling the ring around her finger like she can't believe it. It was only months ago that we were celebrating Dakota's wedding and now we have another one to plan. 

Mar and Dakota came over early this morning, along with Nick and Bradley. They were up in the baby's nursery painting the walls a light blue. 

"Just ask her." I hear Dakota tell Mar as I wobble my way into the kitchen. I head straight for the refrigerator and grab the pickle jar. Dakota rolls her eyes and takes it out of my hands. She takes a fork out of the drawer and stabs on with it before handing it to me. 

"You're the best." 

"See now she's happy, ask her." 

"Ask me what?" 

Mar is still twiddling with her ring as she looks to me. "I was wondering if you would be okay with us having the ceremony here." 

"At my house? Are you sure?" 

"That's not all," she said. "We want to have a very small ceremony on Christmas day. I was thinking all of our family could come over and Dakota could get ordained online and she could give the ceremony." 

"You realize it's November right?" We only have a few weeks until Christmas. 

"Yeah," she said. "We were thinking that we could do the ceremony right in front of your Christmas tree. You always have the prettiest Christmas decorations." 

It was true. My mom liked to make all our ornaments and decorations by hand. She liked making them. All of our ornaments on our Christmas tree have a special place in my heart. They all mean something. It's why I'm not modest when it comes to my favorite holiday. We have the prettiest house and I was touched she wanted to have her ceremony at my house, especially during Christmas. 

"Of course you can." I said. "That means I'm going to have to step up my decorating game. I'm going to have to start now." 

I waddle out of the kitchen but Dakota grabs onto my arm. "There's still three weeks until December." 

"I always start right after Thanksgiving though. Colton makes me wait. If I had my way I would start decorating after Halloween." 

"You're crazy." Mar said, passing me and making her way into the living room. "But thank you." 

"You're welcome. It's going to be the best Christmas." 

When the boys have finished the first coat in the baby's room they joined us in the living room. Colton plops himself down beside me as I fill them in on what's happening. Colton already knew though. Apparently they knew I was going to say yes so they spent the entire time painting talking about what they were going to do for Bradley's bachelor party. 

Then that started the conversation about Mar's bachelorette party. I couldn't drink and Colton was skeptical about letting us take her to the male strip club in Orlando, but he finally caved. Since she was having her wedding on Christmas, we knew the club wouldn't be open on Christmas Eve so we planned to go a week before the ceremony. 

I couldn't drink and Colton's not letting me drive, so the boys were going to pay for a limo for the night. Not that I'm complaining, of course. 

When they left, Colton kept me in the living room. He wasn't even letting me go into our bedroom until the paint fumes were gone. Not that that was going to happen anytime soon. I tell him I'll be fine, that my back is hurting and all I want to do is lay down. He finally caves, slipping into bed beside me, and falling asleep with me.