My Fighter [Epilogue Part 2]

Four and a half years later.

I look towards my three sons when crying rings through the house. Brooks and Addi simultaneously point towards their younger brother Xander. Xander looks between his brothers and me, his mop of curly brown hair back and forth. We're not too sure where our third born got the natural curls but he was born with a head full of hair, unlike the twins who were pretty much bald until they were two years old. They both have short brown hair now and are exactly identical. They even like dressing the same but we always put them in different color shirts so other people can tell them apart.

Mar has a difficulty determining which twin is which. Dakota's better at it but doesn't get it right every time. Surprisingly it's Nick who's very good at telling the twins apart. He's perfect at it. The boys have taken a liking to their Uncle Nick.

"It's Ander's fault mommy." Addi said.

The twins couldn't pronounce Xander's name when they were younger and instead took to calling him Ander instead. It's a nickname that stuck, as well as Brooks and Addi.

"No it's not." Ander cried. He crosses his arms over his chest and plops himself onto his butt. His form of a temper tantrum.

I got lucky in the kid department, even through the terrible twos the twins or Ander weren't too terrible. Of course I've seen my fair share of temper tantrums in the middle of the grocery or clothing store. They cry when I say no and like to give me the silent treatment but it always ends by dinner time.

"What have I told you about horsing around with your baby sister?"

"She's too little." The three boys say together.

Just as Colton wanted, we had four babies in four years. When the twins were just under two years old, I gave birth to Xander Cole. And only  a year later came Navy Renee. We weren't trying to have either of them, it just happened, and we couldn't have been happier.

I was scared during both pregnancies that something would happen. That I would once again go into labor early or that I might even miscarriage. However I managed to carry both of them full term. It was painful, the birth. They offered to shoot the epidural into my back but I didn't want any drugs in my baby. Plus, one wrong move and I could have ended up in a wheelchair, no thank you.

"Good boys," I said. "Now what happened?"

"She fell mommy." Brooks said. Navy's been waking for a few months now but she's come to be the most ungraceful, clumsy baby I've ever seen. She's always tripping over her own feet, sometimes nothing at all.

With all of our children, Colton was thankfully there to see their first steps. Addi was the first one to walk. We were at the apartment in Massachusetts. It was a random weekday and Colton was just getting home from practice when he stood and took his first few steps. And seeing his brother walking, Brooks wasn't far behind him.

With Xander we were opening Christmas presents when he took his first steps. His older brothers took off for the presents under the tree and Ander took his first few steps after him. Then he fell right on his face.

Before I could pick my baby girl up Colton steps into the room. "Daddy!" The boys chorus. Our three boys attack their father and Colt picks up each soon and kisses their heads.

"Now which one of you hurt my baby girl?"

Again, the twins both point towards Ander and the curly haired boy pouts. "I didn't do it, right mommy?"

"Right baby."

Colton scoops Navy up into his arms. Navy will always be a daddy's girl. It's been that way since she was born. Whereas the boys hated being feed by bottle, Navy will only be fed that way and she wants her father to feed her. She's the only one who wouldn't breastfeed. I would cry myself to sleep at night because my baby girl didn't like me. But I came to turns with the fact that she'll always be a daddy's girl just as Ander will always be a mommy's boy. The twins however, bounce to whoever they need at that moment.