Part 12

I join the rest of the girls as we all watch the meeting unfold. Sophie is sitting in one of the blue chair in the office, and across from her all of the coaches sit, talking to her. Even her mom is there, so it makes sense that they are talking about her moving up to level 9. 

The other girls and I watch the 6 of them talk for a few more minutes. Sophie is smiling widely, and her mom is smiling too, which doesn't happen very often. The only time I saw Sophie's mom really smile was when she won bars at the state championships last year.

A few minutes later, Hazel looks out the office window that we were looking through and sees us standing there watching. She immediately scowls at us and stomps out of the office.

"What do you think you're doing? Start warming up!" Hazel yells.

We all scurry away. I put my bag in the locker room and join the rest of the girls as they start stretching.

"I'm so happy for Sophie!" Sharon exclaims.

"Me too! I can't wait to get to know her," Courtney, a level 9, says.

I was going to talk to Sharon, but I really don't want to talk about Sophie, so I walk away and stretch near Jessica and Sabrina, 2 other level 8 gymnasts.

"Hey Ana," Jessica says. She moves over a little to make room for me to sit and stretch.

"Hi," I say.

"So..." Jessica says. 

"Do you guys watch the show Friends?" Sabrina asks.

"Yes!" Jessica and I exclaim at the same time and laugh.

We launch into a conversation about Friends, and for a moment I forget about everything that's going on. I can't help but notice how Sabrina saved the conversation when Jessica couldn't, and I miss Sophie. Sabrina understood that Jessica needed help, and she jumped right in. Sophie and I were the same way, but ever since my meeting with the coaches and our fight, things haven't been the same between us.

Before I know it, we finish stretching and have to start practice. Today, we start on bars, my least favorite event. I sigh and follow the other people in my group to bars.

Sorry this chapter was pretty short, I have an idea of what to write, but it didn't really fit into this chapter. Also, sorry that I haven't written in a while, I've been really busy. I'm a gymnast, and I've had a lot of meets lately and I have practice 5 days a week and homework every day, but I'll try to update more regularly.