Chapter II

An Unexpected Meeting

~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

STEVE

When we heard the crash, All our heads turned to look at the large window near us. It was shattered to pieces, but there was one thing that caught my eye the most. It was the image of three girls laying on the floor.

All of us was too afraid to move, too afraid to know who were the people laying on the floor. A groan snapped me awake from my thoughts. It was Athena, her voice was all too familiar. She laid in the middle, hair in a messed up ponytail. She had a small wound in her lower lip. She painfully sat up from her position and took the bullet out from her bulletproof vest, inhaling sharply to gain oxygen before she started to shake Catty awake.

Catty's eyes shot open as she sharply inhaled air. Her short hair was also a mess. She had a wound on her arm from the hard glass of the window.  She ripped her black suit easily and took a bullet out of her vest too. Athena turned to her left and started to shake [Y/n], who's bun was a mess like hers. She also had a scratch-like wound on her foot. [Y/n] did not move an inch. Athena frowned her eyebrows before she spun her and noticed that she wasn't wearing any vest to protect herself. Athena shook [Y/n] once again while Catty covered her mouth, trying not to cry.

Just then [Y/n] punched Athena in the face causing Athena to fall back and groan. "I'm so sorry! Reflexes!" [Y/n] defended while standing up. A green light drifted over her black suit and a vest appeared inside of her suit. She took a glass shard out of her vest, silent pants came out of her mouth from the pain. After she finally took the shard out, she sighed and chuckled, shaking her head with closed eyes.

"Mission Accomplished." Athena said with a smile. [Y/n] slid on the wall and sat back down, opening her eyes but still panting. Catty and Athena stood on the wall where [Y/n] is sitting and smiled with her, happy that the mission was finally over.

YOU

30 minutes earlier

"Catty come in, do you hear me? Did you put the bombs in place?" I asked through my ear piece. "All bombs placed." Catty whispered, careful not to alert any Hydra agents. "How about the information?" "Already in my pocket." I grinned and fist-pumped the air, happy that the mission went through easily.

"Come back here in the hydra jet and hide soldier." I ordered, mimicking Steve's voice for my own entertainment. "Roger that Captain." Catty replied jokingly, giggling silently as she did. Athena and I hid in one of the hydra jets. Catty was the one to enter, place the bomb and take secret information from the Hydra facility. Since she owned a small and slim body, nobody would notice her existence. Athena locked the whole place for insurance that no agent could escape. Catty knew how to come out, with her skills, it'll be a piece of cake. I, on the other hand, was the eyes and ears. I made an illusion of myself being a hydra soldier and wandered around, checking for any suspicious agents.

When Catty finally entered the jet, I snapped my fingers and my illusion disappeared in an instant. Athena made a countdown and pushed the red button, triggering the bombs from inside the facility and creating a huge explosion. I sat on the pilot's seat while Athena sat on the co-pilot's seat as my backup pilot. Catty sat behind, watching us fly away from the scene.

After travelling back to the tower and being a few feet away from it, we heard a mysterious clicking noise. Catty looked under one of the chairs, revealing one hydra soldier that was full of bombs around his body. He punched Athena straight on the jaw but it didn't affect Athena at all, instead, it resulted her to just stumble a few inches backwards.