The Call

"I've got an idea. What if we tried putting some regular blood in..?" Carrie asked me. I gave her a weird look.

"Who do you think you are!?" I suddenly shouted, annoyed with Carrie. I just saved her life, now she wants to risk it?

"What do you mean? Who do I think I am?" She snarled, voice laced with venom. Her eyes were glassy"I am a country singer and a dang smart one too."

"You don't know everything. That idea will kill you. You'll get yourself killed, but it's ok because you're a ditzy blonde." I laughed humorlessly. "Go right ahead, Mrs. I know everything Fisher." I went to walk out.

"Come back here and fight like a real woman. I do not know everything but I know enough to try and help." Carrie said quietly, she leapt out of bed, but she stumbled like she was drunk.

"You don't think I'm a real woman? Well, at least I can control my rages. Not. Like. You." And with that, I felt nails curl around my throat.

I heard the dogs start to growl. "Carrie, stop!" Mike yelled, grabbing her arm.

The door opened, interrupting the cat fight. I saw the familiar bushy orange hair.

"A154, we have a huge mess in Oklahoma. You need to take Viper and see to it immediately. Stop by The Director first." Jim said, I saluted.

"Well, we will have to finish this later." I smiled at Carrie.

"I'm coming with you." Carrie said calmly. I shook my head, imagining a number of her friends dead.

"No. I don't know who or what is there and... I just can't." My voice was quiet. I left before she could say more.

***********£***********************

I found myself in front of a huge sliding metal door. I got my eye and hand scanned and the door slid open loudly.

I slowly walked in. His office was always dark. There was one single light over a red chair that faced the opposite way from me. It was a tall swivel chair.

"Hello A154. I will be briefing you." The chair did not move. I bowed where I stood.

"As you know, an organization is attacking, it's called The Others. They brainwash and kill everyone who will not join. A group of country stars met at Miranda Lambert's farm. Go see what is left of them. I will send the coordinates to both of your cars. Bring all of them back, dead or alive."

His chair swiveled slightly toward me. I had only seen his face once, when I was younger. I could see a smile on the outline of his face.

I bowed and walked back out. I ran over to the elevator and pushed the garage.

I saw many different vehicles, even one that looked like a spaceship. But I picked one of the bigger HumVees.

I hopped in and saw Viper climb into his. I did not know what to expect.