Preface (Important)

"I'm just having another episode"  

(IMPORTANT) Preface:

High school sucks. And not just the "Oh history is so boring kind of way," No, in the "I would rather be ANYWHERE else other than sitting in this hard plastic chair listening to Mr. Shnitter blab on about how the drilling of oil is dangerous to the ozone and is causing greenhouse gases which cause global warming" kind of way. The last 5 months of this hell could literally not go by ANY slower, but Patrick tried to stay looking towards his future and not stuck dragging his feet at how boring his current situation is.  He just had to get through these last five months, then he could leave the hell hole, and get started on what he really hoped to do with his life, music.

ding ding ding

The annoying high pitch tone of the bell finally shut up Mr. Shnitter as the class rushed out the door, not caring about the pages that were supposed be turned in "before heading out the door". Patrick sighed, tossing his paper in the bin and heading down the the crowded hallway, trying to tune out all the commotion around him. The best way to deal with this high school crap, is to just not get involved, if he kept out of every thing, didn't talk to anyone, and just focused on actually doing the work, he could get in, get out, and get on with his life. But of course life just never wanted to work out that way. And as if to just prove a point, he stumbled over his own feet crashing into Lilianna, the school's most popular (and most stuck-up) cheerleader. But no, life couldn't stop fucking up his life there, it had to go to the extreme to making Lilianna fall all the way to the floor, and Patrick pinning her to the ground with his body. Well isn't this just fantastic.

"GEGHBT FFF MUUU" Liliana's muffled annoying, valley girl voice complained from beneath him (seriously, like, valley girls, in like, Chicago, like that's just, like cray cray! But seriously, it's crap, and fricken annoying!). Patrick didn't have time to really think about how much he'd fucked up before he felt a strong hand gripping his collar and practically ripping him off the chick, his backpack falling to the floor as he was lifted about a foot off the floor, (goddamnit shortness!) looking eye to eye with Jace, Liliana's extra-strong, extra-tall, extra-tan, extra-jock, extra-popular, extra-perfect boyfriend. Of course. Of course life couldn't just stop with him falling on top of the most beautiful, most popular girl in school, no it had to go further to get caught by that most beautiful, most popular girl's boyfriend...of fucking course! He glanced up into the jock's eyes preparing for the screaming, name-calling, and shaming to begin. But the look in his eyes made him second that thought, and prepare for the pain. Being held up off the ground he tried (and failed) escaping his grip, and if one thing's worse than being man-handled in front of the whole school...it's seeing that stupid jock's huge, tan fist pulling back for two seconds before it lunges forward, heading straight for your face.

**************

One embarrassing trip to the nurse and an ice pack later, Patrick staggered into the lunchroom, hunching down and making a beeline straight for the back of the room where his only two friends were. Yes, he made an exception to his "don't talk to anyone" rule, but that was only because Joe and Brendon had been friends with him since second grade. Back then there was no high school (oh the good 'ole days) so there was no need for that rule.

"Patri- Woah, who'd you try to mess with?" Joe stared at the slightly drippy icepack pressed against Patrick's eye.

"Yeah, you look like you tried fucking someone's girlfriend dude!" Brendon seconded

"Yeah you wish!... I fell" Patrick kind-of-sort-of half told the truth.

"Fell where? On someone's fist?" Brendon rolled his eyes, the black eye making it all too obvious of Patrick's fib...that and the incessant blushing. Patrick stuttered, blushing harder, more in anger than embarrassment. Anger in how his friends knew him well enough that he couldn't even tell a simple white lie

"Fine! I tripped in the hall and crashing into Lilianna, and then her stupid Jock-ass boyfriend had to come and find me and then beat the living shit out of me, damn you guys!"

The boys stared for a second before instantly breaking into fits of laughter, gasping for breath at the unlucky situation of their friend.

"Guys, guys..IT'S NOT FUNNY!" Patrick retorted, staring hatefully at his "friends"

"Uh, yeah...it is," Brendon told him, still not bothering to stop laughing.

"Well, fuck you guys, it's not like you haven't fallen down before. I distinctly remember last year, Brendon, you tried talking to that chick; Alison, remember the one you said had "nice tits" and instead of talking you tripped and face planted into those "nice tits"," Patrick smirked at the blush now creeping into Brendon's cheeks as he shut up and opened his mouth to defend himself,

"Yeah yeah whatever, at least I didn't get beat up!"

"She kicked you in the nuts, dude..."

"Well yeah, at least it wasn't obvious, like a big black eye!"

"Dude, you got pwned...by a GIRL!"

"Hey! Don't be sexist!" Brendon stuck his tongue out at his beat up friend

"I-I'm not, I just- ugh you guys suck!" Patrick retorted clamping his mouth shut and staring disapprovingly down at the plate of "food" in front of him.

Patrick sighed taking one last bite of the disturbingly purple looking "mystery meat" and left his friends to make fun of him while he walked outside to be alone. This is what he had to deal with, being with friends who constantly made fun of him, a crappy social life, shitty teachers, and terrible luck. If only there was a way to have a different life, even just for a day. He shut his eyes, rubbing them lightly imagining what it would be like to have a different life, to know different people, to be liked...loved even, to have it all. He shook his head, dismissively and glanced at the parking lot, his beat up '87 Honda looking very appealing right now. He shrugged and grabbed his keys, he had an A+ in the last two classes of the day, ditching them for just one day won't really make a difference. So off he went, revving the engine and speeding off the school property, heading straight for the highway to go who-the-hell -knows where, wherever the road will take him.

He clicked on the radio and slipped in a Marvin Gaye CD, blasting it as loud as it could go. "Let's Get It On" came on and he couldn't help singing along, even at the red lights, windows down, not giving a shit anymore, the world didn't deserve it right now. But even over the blasting music he heard a jarringly loud engine pull up next to him, the gleam of the silver paint catching his eye. He glanced at the car, but it wasn't the car who caught his eye, it was the glistening smile inside, the slim, slender hands on the steering wheel, the dark hair perfectly slightly covering the equally dark rimmed eyes, leading back down to that perfect, shining, pearly-white smile. Mr. Mysterious must have noticed the not-so-hidden starring because when he caught Patrick's eye the only response was a slightly messy wink as he drove off. Patrick stared at the car for a second, before noticing the rear license plate,

"NUrDrms" Patrick scrunched his eyebrows in confusion, what the hell does NUrDrms mean!? Nur Drums? No, That doesn't make sense what's a "Nur"... Well in could be In Your Durms? No, there's no such thing as a "durm".... What about In Your Drums? Well those are all real words but it doesn't really make sense...well there is one other thing it could be....In Your Dreams?

*******************

Another Episode: COMING NEXT MONTH!!

Note: If you are interested in being a part of the story, anything from helping with writing, pre-publishing reading, or editing (I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER) or if you would like to be IN the story as a character....PM me and we'll figure stuff out. ~ I'm very excited to start this journey next month and I hope you are too!