❧тωσ❧

"Finally....I've been waiting for you," The man behind the voice grabbed Patrick's wrist and pulled him through the dark, Patrick wanted to say something, to question him, but his mouth just couldn't move and his throat just wouldn't make a sound. His voice was locked in a metaphorical prison, the mystery guy had taken and swallowed the key. The hand around Patrick's wrist was released and even in this pitch darkness he could feel Mr. Mystery's eyes on him, he could feel the awkward tension in the air.

"You don't talk much do you?" He asked Patrick, who still couldn't speak so instead he just shook his head, and as if Mr. Mystery had been able to see that in this absolute darkness he chuckled and grabbed Patrick's hand, his fingers weaving with Patrick's. It had to be the most awkward thing to have happened in a while, walking through absolute darkness holding hands with some stranger. Finally he felt his hand being released, replaced by two strong hands on his shoulders pushing him down. Patrick's legs folded beneath him at Mr. Mystery's touch as if they had a mind of their own. Soon he felt himself fall into the soft cushion of a chair and felt around, feeling the rough, worn leather of the armrests. Another soft chuckle came through the darkness and Patrick looked up into the darkness where he persumed Mr. Mystery was, usually by now Patrick's eyes would have adjusted well to darkness but he still couldn't see absolutely anything in this- whatever this place was. 

"Are you just gonna sit there silently the whole night?" The voice asked, Patrick's throat still felt locked up, so he shrugged, not really sure what else to do, "Go on, say something...anything." and it was as if those words unlocked the metaphorical prison which had captured Patrick's voice.

"W-who are you?" Patrick asked meekly. Replied with a long sigh before the words,

"That's entierly up to you," He said placing a hand on Patrick's shoulder once again. 

"What? What do you mean by that??" Patrick asked, utterly confused, he had no control over who this Mystery dude was. 

"You'll figure it out eventually, but don't forget, your the one that asked for this..." The dude's hand was quickly removed and the sound of footsteps was the last sound Patrick heard. 

✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥

"Patrick! Time to get up sweetie!" Patrick's mom's voice rang through his room, awaking him from his slumber. He stared around the room, the pile of clothes in the corner, the multidue of band posters plastered to the wall, the green lavalamp on the dresser. How the hell? He distinctly remembered being completely deserted in the world, emptiess, the dark room, the mysterious man....and now life seemed to be all back in order...what the hell?! Sighing he climbed out of bed, thoughts of Mr. Mystery's words "your the one that asked for this" and how he is "entirely up to you". The whole morning rituals were full of thoughts of the weird memories yesterday. The man, the car,the licence plate, and a thought came to Patrick's mind, "In Your Dreams" was this all just some big, fucked up dream. Some big prank his mind was pulling on him. Was he just vividly, lucidly, dreaming and creating an imaginary man...and imaginary world? No that couldn't be, that just made him feel fucking crazy, he shrugged it off and headed downstairs, giving a hug to his mom before heading off to school one again.

This time the roads were back to normal, the load roar of engines, the flashing of headlights in the early morning darkness. The school parking lot once again crowded, just like yesterday, except for the difference that today there were people walking about the parking lot, carrying their backpacks, heading into another same old same old day at school. The day was going just like always, the seemingly endless lectures of teachers, the hand crampingly long notes, the multiple choice, fill in the bubble scantron tests, the over-crowded lunchroom full of people Patrick loathed and know they were just all faking it to get these four years over with.

Life was back to normal, and for some reason, Patrick actually felt sad by this. He knew it should be a relief after feeling upset and hopeless at the lack of humans yesterday, but he was intrigued, curious, and painfully suspicious of the events that happened yesterday and wasn't quite ready to just wake up and have it all gone. It was almost as if he had started to find comfort in lonliness, emptiness, found happiness in suspicion and curiosity. 

"Patrick?" Brendon asked him, waving a hand in front of Patrick's face, "You in there?"

 "Yeah, um sorry, just feeling a little sick," Patrick led and stood up, throwing out the full plate of uneaten food and pretty much running out of the cafeteria. He ran back outside in the cool, brisk Chicago air and slumped against the cool brick wall, waiting desperately for the bell to ring signaling the students to head to the next period. He eyed his car again, debating about ditching the last two classes again, bu he just couldn;t bring himself to do it. Not two days in a row, at least two actual days. But then he thought about what happened last time, when he first saw the silver car, the "In Your Dreams" plate. And suddenly everything became a question, was he dreaming that up too, was all this just a figure of his imagination?

He sighed deciding it was worth the detention to ditch the last two classes once again. He unlocked his car door and sped out of the lot, turning left on Hapden once again just as he had when the streets were completely deserted. Driving took a lot longer now due to the traffic, and Patrick nearly missed the little side street on his right when it came up. Turning down the street he instantly noticed that it was no longer dark like it ws last time, the sun was still dimly shining down the little alley way as he drove on. The parking lot soon approaching, looking quite different in the light, and he noticed something he hadn't before...a small side walk leading away from the parking lot on the right side.

 ✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥

A/N: As always, first comment gets dedication. Love you guys! Votes and Comments make me smile :)