Chapter 7

"Karu!" Shinpi yelled desperately, Karu couldn't do anything, her legs her stuck and arms didn't seem to have the courage to fight back. The men were standing a metre in front of her, her eyes darted around searching for something to help herself with. Shinpi began to run back but simply wasn't fast enough as on of them had already grabbed Karu by the neck. The waves crashed around her, besides Shinpi's hopeless screaming they were the only thing she could hear. Falling limp in the man's hand her head lolled to the side, now completely unconscious.

"Bruce, that ministry has got to rid of you. You are hopeless." Shinpi looked up at them, very aware he had just failed, once again, another assignment. The girl limp in his arms was most likely going to loose him his job.  He had not known who was going to come after her, but was not surprised when he had heard the motorcycle engines roaring. However much he wanted to believe there was something he could do, there was nothing.

Shinpi turned around and started walking, "Whatever, take her and sell her. You'll get a lot she is quite pretty." Shinpi in other cases would've done anything to save her if he hadn't known he had some hope of protecting his job.

The motorbike engines started up again, roaring off in the distance. As he walked sombrely down the beach holding his and Karu's shoes. That pretty girl was about to be sold off to some black market now, not that she deserved it. None of them did. This was his 5th assignment he had failed in a row, he was becoming a threat to his company, let alone the girls he was meant to keep safe.

There was Avery, a young girl about 10 with silky red hair that was cute to her shoulder blades, with stunning green eyes; She was taken after a week or so. Robin, a dark skinned girl with pitch black hair and brown eyes, she got obsessed easily and he had watched a lot with her; taken after 4 months. Elizabeth, the blonde, blue eyed 15 year old who got excited over everything, including him; taken after a couple of months. The girl before Karu had never told Shinpi her name and never actually let him get to know her, he had no idea where she was now. Then Karu, the brown curly haired, blue eyed assignment, lost after a couple of hours...

"Sorry." Shinpi murmured kicking the sand as he walked, "Such lovely ladies, stolen by such cruel men." He stared up at the sky, "What punishment will I get now?" If only Avery hadn't tried to fight back for him, if only Robin hadn't wanted to watch another episode, if only Elizabeth hadn't tried to insist there was good in them, if only that girl would've excepted him and if only Karu had run. If only he had told Avery to stay where she was, if only he hadn't fell asleep, if only he hadn't believed Elizabeth was right for the slightest moment, of only he had tried harder, if only he hadn't walked away from Karu.

How was she going now? Perhaps Shinpi could still save her.

-----
Two chapters in the same night. Does this impress you? If it does high five! Haha have any comments you know the drill. See you around?

Waxy is out!