Chapter Two

Reyaansh was ignoring her since yesterday. He hadn't spoken a word to her after she'd told him about the dinner plan at his parents place, adding more to her helplessness and somewhat to irritation as well. She hated when he shun her out. She'd prefer his anger than his ignorance.

With determination to talk to him and end the matter before it take nasty turn, Taan moved upstairs to their bedroom. She pushed the door open and entered inside.

"Reyaansh, We need to talk." Taani told him, staring at her husband who was getting ready for the office, in his white dressed up shirt and black pants while his blazer lay on the bed.

"We have nothing to talk about." Reyaansh muttered under his breathe. She felt an urge to scream at top of voice but then it was not her. She couldn't raise her voice on anyone let alone him. It's not a lady like. Her grandmother had said to her once. Her grandmother was strict with her, but loved her as well.

"Reyaansh, If you are angry with me then take it out, at least don't ignore me." Taani moved toward him.

"Taani, drop it. I'm not in mood..." He uninterestedly replied to her.

"I'll call mom and tell her we won't be coming to dinner tomorrow night." Taani replied back and turned to leave when his voice stopped her.

"Don't."

"Why? When you are clearly not interested in the dinner, then it's better we cancel it." Taani retorted, frustration getting better off her.

"You should have thought about it before saying yes to mom. It won't look good now if you cancel the plan." Reyaansh told her in clipped tone. Taani frowned, she took a step close to him and stand facing him.

"Reyaansh, I said yes because mom was missing you, she wants to meet you." She explained in strained voice. She wanted to end this. He doesn't know how much his indifference affect her.

"-instead of giving me cold shoulder, you should have confronted me." Taani added further, looking straight into his eyes.

"Taani..." He started off. Holding her arms in gentle hold, he brought her close to him. She closed her eyes for a brief moment and look at him.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you." Reyaansh apologized to her. He looked sincere and it melted her.

"It's alright." She flashed her pearly whites off.

"We will go there for dinner." Her husband told her, Taani couldn't help but smile slightly.

"Thank you. I promised mom that we will come." She pressed her lips together, her mother-in-law will ecstatic to have them over. Taani look at her husband who tried to smile at her, she could see uncertainty in his eyes. She wanted to ask him the reason behind his bitterness toward his own family, but she chose to keep quiet, knowing her husband doesn't like to talk about it.

"You must be getting late for office, you get ready." Taani told him and took a step away from him only to pulled back into his arms. She was surprised when she was pulled into his tight embrace, a sigh escaped her lips as she relaxed in his arms. She closed her eyes and rested her head on his chest, she was little surprised by her husband's gesture but nevertheless, enjoyed the moment.

"Come to office in noon, we will have our lunch together." Her husband murmured softly.

"Sure, Mr. husband." She raised her head and grinned.

He chuckled lightly and kissed her head.

"I'll get your breakfast ready." Taani mumbled, she stepped out of his cozy embrace and strode out of the room. She happy they could talk and sort their issue out.