Chapter 7 - Regret

I'm on my knees in the middle of the bush, Lucas lay beside me... I think his unconscious, I can barely see anything, it's to dark.

I hear someone behind me whispering to another person, I try to turn around but am forced back to my knees, they turn and cock the gun, I struggle to turn, but still can't see their face.

"Any regrets?" They ask... right before they pull the trigger.

***

I wake suddenly to Brock shaking me, yelling my name at the top of his voice, I sit up in a rush, sweat running down my head as I try and gasp for air.

"You're ok! Fear! You're safe, I've got you, you're home. Everything's fine, it was just a dream."

I look up into Brocks hazel eyes and feel relief, it was just a dream. I look around and take in the usual surroundings of my bedroom, I look beside my bed staring at the photo of me and my sister.

Breeze is beside me licking my hand as I run it over his fur gently. Letting him nuzzle in under my arm, I look over to Brock as he stands up.

"You ok now?" He asks.

"Yeah, just another dream."

I look back down to Breeze and continue patting him.

"Ok well try and get some sleep ok, we have a big day tomorrow."

I nod and lay back down as Brock moves to leave.

"Hey Brock." I say as he reaches the door. He turns to look at me, the worry splayed across his face is so obvious.

"Thankyou."

He smiles slightly, nods at me and takes his leave.

I lean over and grab the photo of Danny, "where are you?" I whisper to myself.

I put the photo down, turn over and close my eyes trying to get some sleep. Knowing for a fact that I won't be going back to sleep tonight.

#####

Brock walks into the dining area where Lucas is gazing over blueprints.

"Another nightmare huh?"

"Yeah another one, she woke a lot quicker tonight though."

"She say what it was about?"

"No, but I did make out what she was saying whilst she was asleep."

Lucas stops what his doing and looks up to Brock, waiting for him to speak.

"She said, I'm sorry."

"What do you think she's saying sorry for?"

"I dont know Luke, but my best bet would be the rogue, I don't think she has taken anyone's life before. Do you remember your first time?"

"Yeah, I'll never forget it.. I had nightmares for a while aswell I think."

"Think you could talk to her tomorrow night when you train?"