Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 7

7

Jude

It was difficult to keep myself from reading the letter Elle wrote to me on the flight from Singapore to Sydney. Rob and I started the flight discussing which football teams we thought would qualify for the World Cup, though he quickly popped another sleeping pill, and I had to turn to the inflight entertainment. But watching yet another film made me want to tear my eyes out. Thirteen hours on the first flight, a layover, and then another eight hour flight made for nearly a full day of travelling. This was the farthest we've ever gone to film, and I was already hoping they'd never choose a location at such a great distance again.

When we landed, Rob jumped in his seat, the effects of the melatonin finally wearing off.

"Here already?" He rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Already? It's been eight bloody hours."

"What time is it?"

"Pilot said it's a quarter past ten at night. You really shouldn't have taken that pill. You're never going to be able to fall asleep when we get to the hotel."

"We're not going to sleep. We always go out whenever we make it to our location. I'm primed and ready to hit Sydney's nightlife." There was an encouraging smile on his face, but I had my own plans.

"Not going. I'm knackered, so I'm heading straight to the hotel and sleeping well into the morning."

"It was worth a go. Don't plan on sleeping too late, though. We've got that interview at nine."

"Oh, fucking hell. It starts already." My thumb and forefinger went instinctively to the bridge of my nose. Not even a full day's rest before getting right into it.

When the fasten seatbelt sign finally turned off, I hopped out of my seat before anyone else. I needed to get off that plane and touch down on solid ground again. I'd forgotten how unsettled flying made me; whenever I'd traveled with Elle, that uneasiness seemed to disappear. Without her with me, it was a queasy nightmare.

As I made my way through the airport with Rob, Jess, and a few of our other cast mates, all I could think about was the love I was leaving behind. I desperately wanted to call her, but I didn't want to do it in front of everyone. I just wanted to hear her voice and not have it drowned out by all of the other ambient noise. After nearly losing her in December, the notion of never seeing her again became one of my greatest fears. Her voice alone was enough to calm the raging storm that preoccupied my mind at the very thought of it.

I brought myself back to the world around me and turned towards the signs that claimed they would lead us to the "Luggage Reception," but Jess pulled my arm towards the exit.

"Always the humble one, Jude, aren't you now?"

"Right. Forgot. Though they could probably save a few thousand dollars if they just asked us to get our own bags. We don't need people to collect them for us."

"No one needs half the things they provide for us, but it's a benefit of the job."

There was a man standing near the exit of the airport with a sign bearing our names. He would no doubt be our transportation to the hotel, bringing me one step closer to hearing her voice again. We followed him out to a large black 4 by 4. Once piled in, they were on me to come out with them.

"Joining us for a night cap, Jude?" Jess edged me with her shoulder.

"Don't think so."

"So there's a chance?"

"Let me be more clear: no." I couldn't help the eye roll that accompanied it.

"Don't bother, Jess. Already tried to convince him on the plane." Rob didn't even look up; he was texting away on his phone, and I was nearly certain I knew who was on the receiving end of his messages.

icon lock

Show your support for novelsandcoffee, and continue reading this story

by novelsandcoffee
@novelsandcoffee
Elle and Jude have made it through the first few hurdles as a new cou...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 29 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @novelsandcoffee.