Chapter One

I wake up to a house deserted. I live with my brother, Taylor Caniff and his best friend, Michael Wood. I go downstairs and find two notes laying on the kitchen counter. I pick up Michael's first.

Hales,
Went to Carla's house. Going to the store later. Want anything? If so text me when you get up.
                   Xoxo, Mikey

I sigh. Michael has been going over to my ex-bestfriend, Carla Batts house a lot lately. I tell him on a regular basis that it is a bad idea, but he doesn't seem to listen. I throw the note away and pick up Taylors.

Sis,
At the recording studio. Come by here later if you want. I want you to meet my friend, Trey Schafer. I think you'll like him. He's cool. If you're gonna stop by later give me a call or text me. I love you sis!
                       TayTay

I sigh again. I hate meeting his friends, only because he's right about every fricken one of them.
I end up liking all of them but I have never had a crush on them. I hope I never do, because they all remind me of Taylor and I sure as hell don't want to date anyone that's like my brother. I send Michael a text asking if he could buy me some ibuprofen and some tampons. And then I send one to Taylor saying that I'll be there in about an hour. I go put on some laundry and go change my clothes. I pull out a Taylor Caniff hoodie and some Cameron Dallas sweatpants. I take out my black and white Nike's and a great bandana. I grab my keys, pocketbook, phone, and a bottle of water. I get in my car and head to Taylor's recording studio. I get there in about 30 minutes and walk into the building to go find Taylor's room. I find the room and see his face light up in surprise when I walk in. I go and give him a hug. I turn my attention to a really hot guy behind the glass. I feel my cheeks warm and Taylor notices. He slaps my shoulder and then smiles. 10 minutes later, the person who was behind the glass walks through the door.
"Yo, Trey. That was amazing." Taylor says as he goes up and gives Trey a "secret" handshake.
"Trey, I would like you to meet my sister, Haley. She sings to you know."
"Oh, hi." He says and then turns away. Forgetting that I am even there. After an hour I leave and head home. Taylor looked really surprised when I showed up to the recording studio, and I absolutely know why. Taylor is technically my half-brother and we share the same father. My mother was a singer and she taught me how to sing and she used to record her music in this exact studio. When she died, I gave up singing. That was for years ago. I haven't sang since her funeral. I haven't stepped foot in that recording studio since she was last there. I haven't thought about singing since she died. And for some odd reason, I'm thinking about singing again. Once I get home, I go into my rooms and set up Taylors microphone and camera. I take a song called "Stitches" by Shawn Mendes, who I actually know and to who he was referring to in the song, and sing it. After I get done editing it, I take a deep breath and post it on YouTube.