BROKEN BROTHERS

CHAPTER ONE

I rush into the police station with the feeling of complete annoyance clouding my thoughts. I'm going to kill him. My feet quicken as I approach the desk, no words were exchanged the secretary simply points her pen to in a direction and a sorrowful expression made its way on my face as my eyes glance towards the given direction. He stands in the waiting area, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and deep in his brooding period. Finally, he looks up his gaze locking with mine, then I roll my eyes and indicate with a bob of my head- towards the exit- that we could leave. Bouncing off the wall he walks behind me.

Outside in the cool breeze of the summer evening, we trudge to the car but before anyone of us can enter, I turn to face him. With his hands shoved in his pockets and his head is hung in shame- well I hope it is. "Camron," I whisper in a shaky breath and wait for him to answer. Once again I'm greeted with his hazel eyes, behind his shoulder length large loose waves of curls, which are impossible to see in the violet sky which shadows over us. He shrugs and I step forward creating the distance between us smaller. I reach up and trace my thumb over his bruised lips, sighing I drop my hand then punch the same battered mouth.

There are exclamations of 'ooh's' and 'ouch's' seeping from the van as Camron brings his face from the side with blood in the corner dripping from a crack. Retrieving my hand back to examine it, minimal damage almost next to none, shake my fingers just to make sure I could move them because his jaw is like stone but luckily I'm able to do some damage. Only if he is previously hurt, which is often.

"Get in the car." I bitterly snap as I climb in and wait for him to enter, before driving away from the station. There's absolute silence in the vehicle as I drive but soft occasional sniggering escapes into the peace.

Then from the back, I heard in a loud voice, "boy you got f*cked up!" Roaring laughter fills the car as the rest join in, I look in the mirror and know whose voice that belongs to, Joey.

Rubbing the Betadine Antiseptic liquid with a cotton wool over the bruises on his knuckles, there's a hiss from the victim but other than that he bears the pain. I roll my eyes and have no sympathy both outwardly and internally, he's an idiot who does the same idiotic thing continuously. After cleansing the wound I bind them over with rolls of gauze over the area of damage, then pin them in place. Giving him back his hand, I send him the usual warning, "remember to-"

"-clean it with the antiseptic to stop infection and change the bandages as well, I know." He interrupts with a cocky smirk because this is how we spend our normal Friday nights, bandaging up wounds.

"I wish you didn't know that by heart." Standing up from the chair that slides against the wooden floor boards, I walk to the sink and empty the bloody contents into it and wash it then put it away. I stand to lean against the Beola Verde marble counter with my hands pressed on it, "so what again happened?" Ignoring my request to inform me on how he managed to end up at a police station on a Friday night, he strides towards to me then places his hands on my hips and lifts me up onto the counter. I am a pretty tall girl and although his height is far above mine, his ego cannot take the possibility I may just outgrow up. 

Huffing I watch him jump on next to me, looking down at me, eyeing me with humour in his eyes. Camron is actually a huge softie with major anger issues. Once the hard exterior is broken down, all that remains are marshmallows, warm hugs and a male who cries when Mufasa is trampled over then dies in the Lion King.

"Would you believe me if I told you, I didn't start it?" He says looking down at his bandaged knuckles, recollecting his thoughts from tonight.

Sighing I answer, "yes." Surprised he glances up with his wild hair blanketing his eyes but I sweep them behind his head so I see his eyes clearly. "Don't act so surprised you've made progress."