[20 - real life]

Bea was getting impatient

Bea was getting impatient. Tom said that he would be there ten minutes ago and he wasn't. Mea had come and got Frigga, not after trying to get the real reason why they broke up again. Bea just wasn't ready to tell her or anyone for that matter.

The door opening and closing brought her out of her thoughts. "In the kitchen!" she called out placing her phone down on the counter. She took a big gulp of her water trying to calm her nerves. She sucked in a cool breath when she saw her almost ex-husband standing there. No matter what she still loved him. "I thought you were going to be here ten minutes ago?" she questioned him as he took a seat next to her.

He ran his hand through his already messy hair since he has been doing that all morning. "I was here ten minutes ago, it just took me forever to actually get out of my car and up here," he told her with a soft smile which made her roll her eyes.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

Her question suddenly made his throat go dry. "Uh," he stopped considering he couldn't get the words out. Bea then knew that Mea was actually right making her groan and hit her head on the table.

"This is about Shawn isn't it?"

"Yeah it is," he said making her groan again and get up. "Bea I just want to know if you two are dating so I know who is around my child. I have a right to know," he told her getting up so that way they were standing face to face.

Bea was angry at this point. At Tom. At all her friends. "Why does everyone think we are dating! Why does everyone think Shawn is some sort of rebound? He isn't okay!" she shouted at him poking him in the chest. "Wanna know why? Because I am still fucking in love with you!" she shouted pushing him slightly.

Tom ran his hand through his hair again. "Bea we agreed on this. All the fights after what happened, we just couldn't handle it," he told her softly making her tug at the ends of her long hair. She knew Tom was right, but it didn't make it hurt any less.

"Normal couples just don't give up after a miscarriage."

Her words hung in the air around them making it tense. After they lost their second child the couple just couldn't seem to stop fighting. Divorce was the best option for them. "I just want to know if you are dating someone because I want to know who is around my child," he calmly stated trying to keep his anger in check. Whenever they fight it was like neither of them could keep their anger under wraps.

"Yeah, well I want to know the same thing," she spat back at him getting closer so that their chest were touching. Her heart was beating erratically. This was the first time she was so close to him since they had broken up.

"There is no one else, Bea. There never will be."

Neither of them knew who leaned in first, but what they did know was that they missed the feeling of each other's lips on their own. Tom bent down and picked Bea up which resulted in her wrapping her legs around his waist. He placed her on the counter behind them as she started to take off his jacket. Neither of them spoke, they just let the built up emotions take ahold of them.

And boy did they miss it.