TWENTY-FIVE

LORDAG 18:13

LORDAG 18:13

ELLIANNA LAID ON HER COUSIN'S BED, her eyes closed as she recalled the events from the night before. It was as if so much happened in just a single night that she couldn't even comprehend everything.

After she talked to Chris, she went to the kitchen to grab another beer since she abandoned her old one before she went to the find the bathroom. She managed to finish two more beers before she went back into the living room, where she was surprised to see Chris sitting on the couch with Eva, without Noora in sight.

She did warn Chris that if she tried anything, he was gonna answer to her fist but it only looked that they were having a friendly conversation from the looks of it. Plus there was the distance that Eva put in between them so there wasn't really anything wrong.

That was when she heard a scream, and she quickly turned to look at whoever was causing a commotion during the party. She looked just in time to see Sana pouring a drink all over Ingrid, before flipping both birds at Ingrid's companions before she grabbed her things, beginning to storm out the door.

Ellianna quickly searched for her stuff, grabbing them before breaking into a run to chase after her retreating friend. With Eva, Noora and Chris just behind them, they five friends ran outside the door to leave. They were met with the sight of William and Vilde hooking up outside, but Sana didn't pay them any mind as she continued to storm out of the property with her friends following closely behind.

And now, it was such a nice Saturday and yet there was still drama brewing with her friends.

Apparently, Eva had forgotten all about her thing with Jonas, as she promised that he would meet her mother last night but she ditched to go to the Penetrator party with the girls.

Ellie wasn't even aware that they made plans yesterday, but that was only because she didn't catch the conversation in the bus last Tuesday since she was too preoccupied with Christoffer on Instagram. She felt a bit bad, as she hasn't been paying too much attention to Jonas and Isak ever since they joined Vilde's bus. She did promise to change that, knowing that she needed to start hanging out with them and that is why she was here now, in her cousin's room as she waited for him to kick his friends out.

Her eyes fluttered open, a frown on her lips as she tried to wait patiently for her cousin to come back. She's been waiting for at least twenty minutes now, and there were no signs of him showing up at all.

She pushed herself off the bed, on her way to check on her cousin who finally walked inside the room as she stood up. She breathed out a relieved sigh, letting herself fall back down on the bed. "Finally. What took you so long?"

Jonas shook his head, sending an apologetic smile her way as he took a seat next to her. "Sorry, Elias really didn't want to go home. I had to force him out."

Ellie chuckled as she remembered Isak teasing her cousin all about his secret relationship with Elias. "Are you sure you're dating Eva? Because if you were into Elias, I would totally be down for you guys."

Jonas arched a bushy eyebrow at her words, causing the older Vasquez to burst into a fit of giggles. "Oh, come on, you know I'm kidding. I'm just saying that if you like guys, then I'd be a hundred percent okay with it!"

"Shut up," he rolled his hazel eyes at her, but Ellie could see that he was trying his best not to smile. A few seconds later, Ellie's laughter died down and there was silence enveloping the two cousins once more. It was the kind of silence that Ellie hated since she never knew what to say to break the ice, but thankfully, Jonas found something to say to break the tension.

"Can I talk to you about Eva?"

"Of course," the brunette girl replied, pulling her legs close to her body. "You know you can tell me anything."

The curly haired teen took a deep breath, running his fingers through his messy hair as he replied, "I don't know, I just feel like we're falling apart. I know I told her to go out there and make some new friends, but it just seems like she's different now that she's always with them."

Ellie scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Like... she forgets plans with me just so she could spend some time with them. And she's almost always with them now, that she's barely had enough time with me. And then she's always grilling me about whether I've been cheating on her with Ingrid. I don't know, it's just- I want this to work, but it's getting hard to keep it alive."

Ellie clicked her tongue, breathing out a small sigh as she thought about what she could say to her cousin. "It's her first time feeling like she belongs somewhere other than with you, me and Isak. You should be happy that she's found a place where she belonged, because she wasn't able to after all the shit that's happened between her and Ingrid."

Ellie's words made Jonas squint, and the older girl took this as a sign to continue. "I've always been with her Jonas, and she's actually really happy. Like, for the first time in such a long time, she found someone else who can make her happy, other than the three of us. And just because she's been spending all her time with us, doesn't mean she's automatically forgotten all about you. She calls me up every now and then because she was worried about you, and she's almost always talking about you whenever she's with me. She does love you, and she's still trying to make this work but you gotta exert the effort she has been, too."

"What do you mean? I'm always exerting effort for her, too."

"I meant, you should try clearing her suspicious so you two could work. You know the only reason why she's been acting distant is because she thinks you're cheating on her with Ingrid, but I can see in your eyes that there's no one else other than Eva." Ellie then frowned, wrapping her arms around her legs as she rested her head on her knees. "But I can tell you're hiding something else, and that something's not a relationship with Ingrid. Although it's related to her in a way."

She could see the surprise register on her cousin's face, his lips parting slightly as his hazel eyes went wide. She just shook her head, chuckling as she realized that she hit the jackpot. "I'm not gonna force you to tell me if you don't want to. But I just want you to know that I'm worried about you. Eva's worried about you. You shouldn't be afraid to open up and tell us the truth because we're going to love you no matter how much you fuck up."

The curly haired boy found himself smiling at his older cousin, and Ellie found herself wrapped in an embrace just a second later. She melted in her cousin's embrace, smiling as she hugged him back gently. "Thank you El," he whispered in her ear, a long sigh escaping him as if he was expelling the stress from keeping whatever secret he had to hide from them. "You really are the best cousin I know."

~ [ 📷 ] ~

y'all we needed a ellie/jonas chapter bc i had to show just how much ellie loves her cousin sOoo