table 101

Our table was pretty much at the very edge of the canteen and as far away as possible from the hallowed center table where the kings sat. I led Sam slowly to where Ky and Bea were already eating and felt her tug against my arm.

"Kat, I don't want to, not yet, it's awkward..."

"Sam I hate to say this but MAN UP! Or woman up or whatever, just go do what you gotta do, okay?"

She takes a deep breath, cocks her hip, and steps forward.

"Uh hey guys?"

"Sam. Fancy seeing you here." Ky turns and says slowly and pointedly.

Bea nudges him angrily and smiles at Sam.

"Hey I missed you!"

Ky rolls his eyes, but Sam and Bea hug tightly, and I breathe out a sigh of relief that we could just blow this whole thing over. Sam turns to Ky shyly

"Can we just forget about everything? Like turn over a new leaf or whatever?"

Ky looks at Bea and I staring expectantly. He breaks out in a huge, tight, smile.

"Sure Sammy, whatever. I can't even remember why we fell out!"

Sam collapses onto the bench happily and I squeeze in beside her. Suddenly I feel a hand fall on my shoulder.

"Uhh Matt?" I say shocked, my mouth hanging open.

"That's me," he chuckles "And for God's sake close your mouth: I'm scared your gonna try and take a bite of me."

I quickly slam my jaw shut and glare angrily.

"I'm honored you deigned to grant us with your magnificent presence," I say sarcastically "But what exactly are you doing here so far from your natural habitat."

"I'm here for you baby."

"What?" I splutter

"Aww don't flatter yourself: not like that." he says grinning, earning a blush from me "We're partners for the citizenship project remember."

"And?" I retort snappily

"I'll be at your car when school ends."

I start to stutter a reply, but he's already swaggering back to his rightful seat at the King's table. Angel looks our way disapprovingly and slides an arm over his shoulder, holding ice cold eye contact, before returning to her conversation with Sofia.

"Prick." Sam mutters

"Dumbass" Bea agrees

"How does he even know which is your car?" Ky asks

"I don't have a clue." I sigh "Must be some kind of dumbass stalker prick."

"With great hair." Ky adds

I snort and start to take another bit of my PB&J, when suddenly I feel another hand on my shoulder. Someone else? I mentally roll my eyes.

"Fawkes? Wait, all of Debate Club? I thought you always had lunch in room 101?"

"Not anymore mis amigos. If we want to take down the Kings for real we will have to observe them in their natural habitat. It's not going to be easy and it'll take a lot of planning."

"Good job I love planning then."

"Yes Amar, exactly." he nods seriously, then turning to me he stage whispers so everyone can hear "That's the only reason we let him hang with us."

"Hackfresse"

"Now what the fuck does that mean Amar?"

"Ugly," he answers, fighting a smirk "Literally translated as 'a face of ground meat'."

"Fucking charming." Fawkes cries, throwing an arm up in disgust

"Boys calm the hell down!" Mini cries jumping between them "Remember three of the people on this table have no idea who we are."

"Yeah hi." Sam says abruptly

"Oh right. Well, I'm Fawkes, this is Mini, and her brother Caleb, and the Indian nerd's Amar."

"Okay well everyone knows me, Kat, but for you guys this is Sam, my bestie, that's Bea, a fellow nerd and,of course, all round nice person, and that's Ky my one and only boyfriend- umm I mean like friend who's a boy not... yeah..."

"Great..." Fawkes says awkwardly "So we should sit down I guess, I'm starving!"

Fawkes squeezes in between Ky and I, Ky narrows his eyes, but Fawkes doesn't notice, and starts chatting away while Mini and Caleb sit by Sam and Amar by Bea. Suddenly Fawkes jerks up, pulling out a black permanent marker.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Caleb asks bemused

Fawkes grins and inks the words "Table 101" onto the center of the table.

"Like the permanence of this marker, we, the new and reformed Debate Club will stay and conquer forever."

"To the end of this year you mean."

"Well, it was really cheap from Target so it will probably come off in a year anyway." He continues in the same tone, unfazed.

We all laugh and the hubbub of easy chatter starts again.

My mind drifts back to Matt and Project 1, 2, 3. I wonder what he has planned in store for us. I cringe at the very thought- us. Ew.

**********************************************

Hi guys hope you enjoyed that! More coming soon. If you liked any part of it have a quick vote and comment. I promise you, though it may mean hardly anything to you, it means so much to me! And read on there is MUCH more to come.

What do you think about Matt? What are they going to do for the first part of their project? Do you like the new conjoined group? Comment opinions ;)