Chapter 13

'What are you doing here?! After vanishing you think you can...you can...and who let you in?!' Lydia screamed at her ex husband. Lydia was livid with anger.
Samuel remained still, staring at his former wife. With tears running down his cheeks he tried to explain what he had just walked in on but was stopped with a resounding slap.
'I don't want to see you here! Get out! Now!' Lydia does shouted louder.
Nana and Andrea remained huddled together at one end of the bed as they watched their parents fight in the dark. Flashbacks of past occurrences hit Nana making him hold tightly unto his sister.
Samuel's hand moved to his burning cheek. Lydia didn't even want him explaining anything.
'I blame you for all this Lydia.' He stated and began walking out.
'Blame me for all what?! Am I the one who left his children after divorcing his own wife?' Lydia taunted and clapped her hands loudly while she followed her husband out of the room.
'Keep blaming me Samy...keep on blaming me! I am the one breaking my back so those kids can have a comfortable life....and where have you been? Tell me?!'

'Lydia, If you could just stop all this screaming and listen....just listen to what...' Samuel pleaded. He had stopped in the hall and turned to tower over Lydia with his huge frame.

'Samuel, I am not going to listen to you. You are a worthless man...you...' Lydia began again

Samuel raised his hand at Lydia to stop her from reeling on with the insults. If she didn't want to listen to him, he was fine. He would just leave. With this decision, he stormed out of the house, banging the door loudly behind him. Samuel clenched his fist tightly- this couldn't be happening. He didn't want to believe what he had just seen. Whose fault was it that his two children were involved in such an abominable act- Lydia or his.

*** *** ***
Lydia panted loudly. What nerve, she thought to herself. How could he just appear like that and from where.
She allowed herself to fall into the couch and questioned her conscience. It seemed Samuel had been shaken by something and had wanted to share with her but her anger had prevented her from giving him a listening ear.
She sat up and searched for her phone in her handbag in a bid to call Naa but decided to wait till the next morning.

*** *** ***
Nana paced his room as Rea sat biting her nails nervously. Dad had walked in on them and had been in so much shock. He had remained rooted with tears running down his cheeks while his two children tried futilely to cover themselves up.
'Do you think he will tell mum what he saw?' Nana paused and asked.
'No, I don't think he can even try that...mum doesn't even want to listen to him ' Nana answered his own question and continued pacing.
Andrea remained silent.
'He caused all this...if he had been around.. All this wont have happened.' Nana mumbled to himself as he continued pacing.
'But..'Andrea began.
'Look...no buts...just get up and go to your room before mum appears here. Its enough drama for tonight.' Nana stated.
Andrea hurriedly grabbed her clothes and rushed out of the room-she felt dirty and used.

*** *** ***

Samuel Antwi allowed his knees to hit the cemented ground which served as the entrance to the church. He couldn't take the pain in his chest anymore. This wasn't how everything was supposed to turn out. He grabbed his chest as the pain increased and groaned softly at first. The pain intensified giving way to louder groans before he finally passed out.

***********

Lydia struggled to open her eyes. Her whole body ached and her head throbbed. She turned her head around and realized she had fallen asleep in the couch the night before.

'No wonder my body feels so wrong.' She mummbled to herself.

Steadily, she rose out of the couch and stretched her body. The night hadn't been restful at all, she hadn't been able to shake that feeling off concerning Samuel. She had remembered she hadn't really seen Samuel cry a lot even while they were married- seeing him cry last night felt so out of place.