Chapter 2: The confession

Nico and Maki. There was silence. They both were sitting on the same bench, in the same playground, in the same school, eyeing the same scenery, yet no conversation sparked. Nico tried to feel for a little confidence to talk to her and just when she mustered enough courage to speak she notice how romantic this scenery was.

It was in late Spring. The weather was warm. Not too hot not too cold, perfect almost. There cherry blossom trees, causing beautiful, pale-pink petals to fall. Fall like pastel pink Angels.

Nico thought about her feelings towards Maki. 'Love' was the key word. Nico then turned her head around and stared at Maki, she wasn't thinking about how weird it would have looked to Maki, or to anyone. Maki then turned her eyes to Nico and they were both locked in a gaze.

Nico's heart was beating faster than normal, she felt her cheeks turn as red as tomatoes, she felt herself sweating, she felt nervous.

Nico wanted this moment to last forever. An everlasting gaze....of love. All Nico was thinking about how much she loved Maki and then it hit her. Right now, it was the perfect moment for her to confess...she just had to get it off of her chest...the words were forming in her head.
"Maki..", Nico said, nervously.
"Hmm?", Maki replied, Nico was jealous of how calm Maki was. Nico took one huge gulp.
"Umm there's a certain way I've been feeling about someone...I love them more than anyone in the world and I wish they felt the same way. I need to get it off my chest.....Maki. You're the one I-I-I...." Nico froze, she couldn't finish her sentence.
"Love..?", Maki finished for her.
"Y-y-yes...do you want to....date..?"
A long silence seized the moment.
"Yes"

Nico was shocked, a simple yet powerful word was what came out of Maki's mouth. Yes.
"R-really..?" Nico stuttered.
"Of course! I love you Nico! I love you Yazawa, Nico!" Maki was now standing, she walked directly in front of  her. Now they were both blushing. Nico was clueless on what to do, she knew Maki didn't know either. Nico just did the first thing that she thought of. She slowly inched for Maki's uniform tie and once she had it in her grip she rushed Maki to her own face and they held their kiss.

Two high school girls, sitting after school on a bench, in love, kissing. It felt like they kept their kiss going for years, Nico loved it.

Nico loves Maki and now she knows that Maki loves her.