Chapter 9

"...Lex."

Lex Luthor looked at the face of a woman he deeply admired, maybe even had a crush on, asking for his company.

Because someone else wouldn't keep it.

His face twisted into a sick grin.

"I don't want you. Go away."

And with those six words, Suzette's soul was crushed.

---

It was about ten thirty, and Suzette was checking emails at home. A sudden pop up appeared on screen.

'New message from: mgraves'

Suzette wanted to click away so badly.
She opened the email.

"Suzette I know you don't like us anymore, but please, go see Lex one last time. He has something you want."

Suzette took a deep breath. Could she trust Mercy? No. Was she going to anyways? Yes.

So with that, Suzette slipped on her sneakers and left, the clap of the door eerily ringing in her ears.

---

The elevator of LexCorp was creepy at night, especially because only the roof was still open, its bright spotlights revealing all.

The elevator dinged to let Suzette know that she was ready to meet her fate. She exited and headed down the hall, where through the window on the door she saw two figures on the roof. She pushed the door open and quickly walked towards them. She could recognize both voices. Clark and Lex. Suzette broke into a sprint.

"Lex! Clark!" Her voice was embarrassingly desperate, and Lex turned at the shrill sound.

"Suzette!" His voice was hard and aggressive, and it took Suzette by surprise.

She stopped running, she was about five feet away from Lex, and she could see Clarks grim expression.

"It seems you just missed Miss Lane...she had to take a little trip." His voice had changed to sickly sweet, but the seething hate was still there. In his eyes.

"What'd you do to her?" Suzette cried.

"I told you, she took a little trip! Are you deaf? Or would you like to experience the same fate?" Lex snarled.

He suddenly lunged at Suzette, and before she could react, he had grabbed her by the waist and hung her over the ledge of the roof. Suzette started to scream.

Lex started to whisper fiercely. "I'll drop you unless you stop."

Suzette's mouth clamped shut.

Clark looked at her somberly. Tears rolled down her face, why wasn't he doing anything? She could feel Lex's grip loosening and started to whimper. Lex hoisted her back onto the roof. He gripped her chin in his hand.

"We're almost done here. Just shut your mouth until we're done, and then I'll have someone drive you home." He instructed.

Suzette nodded wordlessly.

And so the angry exchange continued until...

"...when you came here, you had an hour. Now, it's less." Lex said smugly.

Clarks face went bright red with anger, and he launched off the roof. He launched so hard, the roof wobbled, and Suzette stuck her hand out  to support herself. But she miscalculated...
...and tumbling down she went.