#10: All The Characters Are Eye Candy (Hot)

This cliché bugs me so much for a reason separated completely from the rest. It is not annoying like the constant use of an evil queen to easily dish out a villain for your story. It is not immoral, as the writers using this trope really is just creating some personal wish fulfillment. It is not even problematic in some cases, as the plot sometimes can some up with a good excuse for all of the characters being attractive. None of these issues are what makes this cliché so personally bothersome to me. What bugs me about turning the entire cast into fashion magazine models is just that in my opinion all types of people should be represented.

In real life, only a handful of individuals end up being attractive. In fact, only 1/3 of the human population according to most scientific studies are what we call eye candy. Everyone else is just average looking, which they totally make up with through their kindness or even a well defined talent. You do not have to be attractive in order to be happy. That is why I badly want a more diversified cast in the looks department. Although this advice applies solely to the fantasy genre, I still think it might be a pretty neat idea to try. Making the main character slightly overweight, have ache, or be covered in scars are one of the few things you can do to give the audience a more relatable cast.