[ EIGHT ]

Clover pulls the phone away from her ear as she hears the other line go dead, mid-sentence

Clover pulls the phone away from her ear as she hears the other line go dead, mid-sentence. She can't believe that Peter just hung up on her. Something was going on with him and he couldn't or wouldn't tell her. Clover sighs as she places the phone on the coffee table. She looks over to Ned who watches her intently. Clover couldn't help but feel a small blush creep up her cheeks.

"He hung up" Clover states.

"Wow, okay...what's going on with him?" Ned asks.

Clover shrugs, "Isn't that the million dollar question?"

Ned chuckles, "Y-ya I g-guess. But he-um always says how he can t-trust you"

Clover sighs her eyebrows furrow in confusion as she tries to come up with a reason as to why Peter wouldn't trust her, "Yeah well, I guess that's not the case anymore"

Ned fiddles with his thumbs and glances away from Clover, "I should go"

Ned stands up to leave and Clover follows him to the door. He steps out into the hall and looks back at Clover as she is about to close the door. But she stops before it shuts. Clover looks at Ned, who looks at her.

"You want to catch a movie or something? I know you had plans with Peter, but would you maybe want to hang out with me?" She asks.

Ned could feel his heart leap in his chest, Clover Parker wanted to hang out with him, "Yeah-yeah, for sure. That'd be great!" Ned responds, trying not to sound too excited.

          Clover smiles and grabs her phone, keys and a few twenties from the counter, stuffs them into her pocket and joins Ned in the hall. She locks the door behind her and the pair head of towards the elevator. As the doors to the elevator slide open to the ground floor, Clover steps out before Ned and the two walk out of the building. In silence, they walk towards the theatre in the place a few blocks away.

Clover breaks the silence with a question, "So Ned, what's your favourite thing to do?"

Ned looks at Clover funny, surprised that she's starting a conversation, "Reading, Star Wars movies, the usual nerd stuff"

Clover smirks, "I believe watching Star Wars falls in the geek category. Peter has explained to me hundreds of times about the difference between a geek and a nerd"

Ned laughs, "Well I'm glad to know that you know the difference" he says.

"I rather enjoy listening to Peter fanboy" Clover nearly whispers.