[ SIXTEEN ]

Clover isn't about to let her cousin go off into the night without her, she is just as capable as he is to stop crime and be a superhero

          Clover isn't about to let her cousin go off into the night without her, she is just as capable as he is to stop crime and be a superhero. Just because Peter thinks that she should stay at home and hide from the real world, doesn't mean that she's going to. Grabbing a red and black sweatshirt and some black leggings, Clover slips out of the apartment and out of the building. Once outside, her senses flood with noise; cars honking, people shouting, wind blowing against the trees. Her head swirls with the amount of input. Clover takes a deep breath and tries to find her cousin. She can't smell his scent from this far, she can't hear his voice or sense his presence anywhere close. But she does hear and see an explosion off in the distance. The flames roll above the skyline and she knows that is where her cousin will be in a matter of moments.

"Alrighty, lets swing" she says and extends her arms forward. Nothing happens.

"Really?" she mumbles. She tries again. Nothing.

"Fly webs!" she shouts.

"Abracadabra!"

"Webs, I choose you!"

Still nothing. Clover then presses her ring and middle finger towards the base of her wrist. With a sudden pull, webs come out of her wrist and attach to a nearby building.

"Woo hoo!" She cheers and shoots another web, pulling her up off the ground and into the air.

Clover less than gracefully swings from building to building, slowly but surely getting to the explosion sight. When she arrives, she searches the area, looking for her spandex clad cousin. The flames continue to engulf a small bodega on the corner, Peter is nowhere to be found. Then as the flames crack loudly inside, Peter stumbles out through the smoke, an older gentleman in hand. Clover jumps down and runs towards the pair. She takes the older man and lays him down on the ground, across the street from the burning bodega.

"What are you doing here!" Peter shouts.

"I'm trying to help" she responds.

"No, no, no! You can't be here, it isn't safe here, you have to go!" Peter says, pushing her away from the scene.

Sirens blare in the distance, signalling the arrival of the Calvary.

Peter drags Clover away, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her towards a nearby rooftop. He lets her go and sits her down.

"I said that you can't help me Clover" Peter says.

"Why not? Because I'm a girl? You don't think that I can handle myself, huh! Well I can, if you'd only teach me" Clover says.

Peter groans in frustration, "I can't lose you"

"And I can't lose you. If we have each other, we'll make sure that both of us come home safely, okay?" Clover says.

Peter reluctantly extends his hand knowing that he can't always do things by himself, "Deal. But you're going to be a part of one serious boot camp"

Clover shakes his hand, "I can handle it"

-----

The next day, the pair head to school as usual and deal with the day with its normal ups and downs. Clover has the worst, trying to avoid using her powers by accident and revealing herself to her school. However, when the bell rings and signals the end of the day, the Parker's race out of the school and to their previously agreed upon meeting spot. Clover and Peter run three blocks west of the school and slip into an alley. The two glance around each corner before they take to the rooftop, each scaling the wall with no problem. When they reach the roof, the walk along until they step onto a concrete covered roof with a skylight at its centre. The skylight has a body sized hole which leads into a dark and dank room below.

"Ladies first" Peter says.

Clover sighs and steps into the hole and quickly tumbles to the floor below. She lands with a thud, but she isn't injured because the floor is completely padded. Clover groans as she gets up and her eyes adjust to the light. She looks around, the walls are white painted concrete that are partially peeled, the floors are padded with red mats from wall to wall. The ceiling is high, you'd probably need a full length ladder to even reach halfway up.

Another thud makes Clover spin around to see her cousin, sticking his landing in a crouch, "You like my Spider Cave?" Peter asks.

"It's definitely something" Clover says.

"This is how I learned all my tricks, I didn't just pull them out of my ass" Peter says, taking off his bag and sweater.

Clover looks at him with wide eyes, "Language Peter" she says and chuckles.

Peter rolls his eyes as he takes rolls of gauze and wraps it around his hands. When he's done, he tosses the roll at Clover who does the same. They both warm up and stretch before they start. Once they have both broken a sweat, Peter begins his lesson.

"Okay, so the first thing is punching, if you can't punch, well then they'll just be punching you"

"How encouraging Pete" Clover says sarcastically.

Peter holds up his hands in front of his face, "Always make sure that you protect your face" he says and sweeps Clover's feet from under her, "and keep your balance"

Clover scolds his from the mats, "You said you were starting with punching!"

Peter pulls a surprised face and says, "Did I?" and laughs full heartedly.

Peter helps Clover up from the floor, "Im not just teaching you one thing at a time, I'm throwing everything at you, because in a fight that's exactly what's going to happen. I want you to be one hundred and ten percent ready for whatever comes next"

The two continue their session with some skills, before they move onto sparing, Peter giving advice throughout the entire fight. Clover can barely get a punch in without Peter throwing five. Nearly four hours pass and the two are sweating, Clover practically dripping. She sits down on the mat to dry off and chugs her water. Clover picks up her phone and sees the time and cusses.

"I've got to go Peter. I'm going to be late!" She shouts.

"Late for what?" Peter asks.

"For my date with Ned!"

"You're going like that?" Peter says, motioning to his cousin's less than attractive attire.

"Guess I have to, I didn't exactly think this whole thing through!" Clover says and rushes out of the building.

"I guess not" Peter mumbles as he grabs his stuff and scales the wall to crawl back through the skylight.