27 | Smooth talk

{Myrna POV}

Rigmor was right. We were one person short and that was Bilbo.
I gasped, realizing that he really could have died in Goblin Town and Rigmor's fears had been true.

"Where is Bilbo?" Rigmor asked Fili again in a hushed tone.

"We saw him last alive right before we were captured by those gigantic spiders. Creepy crawlers, I'd say."

I saw Rigmor tense up as she slumped down against the wall.
So he was alive... But perhaps not.

The guards were still pushing Dwarfs into their prisons.
From the angle I sat at, I could perfectly see Kili being thrown into one of the smaller cells, turning around to face the ginger Elf in front of him.

"Aren't you going to search me? I could have anything down my trousers."
I heard him say as a serious gaze settled upon his face.
"Or nothing." Tauriel responded smugly.

I had to withhold every inch of me not to burst out laughing. She slams the cell door shut, locking the Dwarf up. Her hair flowed behind her as she brushed past me to talk to the handsome Elf a few feet away from me.

"I Nogoth amman e tîr gin? Tauriel?"

I did not understand their language, yet I listened closely, since I liked the way it fell off their tongue like they were singing.

"Ú-dangada?"

A small blush formed upon her cheeks and a jealous feeling started to grow in the pit of my stomach. Was he flirting with her?

"E orchal be Nogoth. Pedithig?"

Legolas rolled his eyes at her as she started walking away.

"Orchal eb vui, mal uvanui en."

Her face showed hurt and she inhaled sharply before leaving.
Dwalin started to throw his body against the iron bars, trying to break free.

"Leave it! There's no way out. This is no Orc dungeon, these are the halls of the Woodland Realm. No one leaves here but by the king's consent." Balin said, calming down his brother.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Legolas approach my cell.

"Hey." he greeted. I scoffed.
"What do you want, your highness?"
I mocked my tone to let him know how I thought about him right now.

"that's the second time you're ungrateful to me, you know that? First I give you food, you give me some bold remarks. Now I speak up for you against my very own father and even risk my honour for it, you speak to me like this again."

I stared at my feet.
"Why are you doing this? Why are you speaking up for us? We are just simple humans passing through your forest, what could possibly be the reason you are this kind to us?"

The Elf chuckled and raised his hand to my cheek. Carefully, he brushed a loose strand of hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear.
"Because it isn't every day a stunning human enters my forest. You're half Elf,a= are you not?"

I narrowed my eyes, trying to ignore the fact that my face was heating up and my stomach weirdly fluttered.

"What's it to you? You are only doing this to get me to trust you, don't you? This way, you hope to get out the true reason we are here and tell it to that ignorant father of yours! Don't try to tell me I am wrong, because I see through your pretty actions and smooth talk."

His face fell, his hand retreating itself from my hair.
"You are tougher than I thought. I just tried to become friends."
"Don't try to fool me, Elf. The last thing I do is--"

Ruckus from the other side of the hall interrupted our conversation.
Thorin was pushed roughly towards us, a scowl on his hardened face.
Now I realized why he hated Elves, I thought.

He got thrown in a nearby cell, Legolas leaving with the other Elves without saying another word to me.
"Did he offer you a deal?" Balin asked the Dwarven king.

"He did. I told him he could go Ish kakhfê ai"d dur rugnu, him and all his kin!"

Balin closed his eyes, heaving a deep sigh as he spoke.
"Well...that's it, then. A deal was our only hope."
"Not our only hope." Thorin said, and I wanted to ask him what he meant by that, but Rigmor patted my shoulder.

I turned around, the shackles abrading the skin of my wrists.
"I see you've got a bit of romance coming up with Blondie?"

She wiggled her eyebrows. I flushed pink, averting my gaze to the floor.

"He just wants to win me over so I will tell him all my secrets. But I saw right through that little trick of him."

"But you like him?" I pressed my lips into a tight line.
"He is way off limits anyways. If we get out of here one day, I will probably never see him again."

Rigmor hummed and spotted Taeryn, shyly sitting in between Bombur and Bifur. "What? Cat got your tongue?" Oin said, poking her cheek.
She was rather uncomfortable, so I approached the door.

"Lads, quit that will you? Her name is Taeryn and she's a mute. That dude over there is her lover, Cedrick. Please go easy on them, they've been here for a long time."

The Dwarfs started muttering interested, starting to chat with them.

"But for real, we will never get out of here." I sighed.
"How could we possibly escape this horrible place?"